I Forge Iron

Its been a rough several months

Fe-Wood

I've been going back and forth on whether I should post this, being personal family stuff and all. Its also very sad for me. I also wanted to say to all those who have family members suffering the last stages of life- Hang in there.

On February 14th I lost my Dad to a long struggle, 30 years long to Parkinson's. He went peacefully in his sleep.

My younger brother decided that life was no longer worth live. So on April 5th he took his own life. Both our parents were gone so I guess he thought he had nobody who cared. How wrong he was!

Over the last week I have made the hardest project of my life-

Pray for us all! Life is so fragile!

post-6253-007290100 1280029761_thumb.jpg

Fe-Wood,
There is little that I can offer you other than to say that many of us understand your feelings of loss. Having to deal with weak and failing loved ones, fearing their death and wondering just how long they may have to suffer sometimes seems unbearable. When they do pass on before us it is always too soon ... there is so much more to say and do. And how can anyone make suicide at any age understandable except to consider that sometimes it seems like there is no other release for mental anguish or physical pain? Words won't make it better, but perhaps having friends - no matter how casual, will make it a little more bearable. It is an honor to have you trust us with your feelings. May God Bless you and yours and may He bring you some sense of peace in this difficult time. I do know that all us here wish you well. Your memorial is very well done - mercy is what it is all about.
Regards,
Tim McCoy

I'm so sorry for your losses.

One passage in Scripture that I find especially helpful in all of life's tragedies is Romans 8:28 - "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

We may not always understand, as we can't see the big picture, but God can make good come out of anything.

I'll be praying for you and all of your family, that God sends His Spirit to comfort and strengthen all of you.

My prayers are with you during this time. I agree with Tim, it is always an honor to lift a friend up to the Throne of GOD ALMIGHTY. Even in the bad time GOD is good. I'm sure the memorial is the hardest piece you have done, it looks like you put your heart into it.

Hey Fe,

As Beth said, it's good you shared it with us - Getting it out there into the light o' day puts the best kind of healing to it.

I got some serious understanding as to how you're feeling right now - I lost my mom to heart disease - 3 months after that a best bud to suicide - a year after that my dad to cancer and 11 months after that an older brother to a massive brain bleed.

Putting the arms out so others could help hold me up a bit is what got me through it - When folks asked what they could do, I just told them - "Love each other the best you can while you can"

Be at peace bro!

You know, you guys and gals are the best! Shairing something so painfully emotional is not easy. Your words of support are so wonderfull and I thank each and every one of you!
This weekend I will be placing the marker for my brother and we will be having the memorial. It should be a nice gathering.

I can only imagine how you feel, but I think sharing helps. I have lost 5 people in the last year, 4 to cancer, and one to his own hand... you will always wonder why...

You did some beautiful work that looks like it articulates your feelings....

Time, talk and family will help your healing

may you find peace and comfort,
Cliff

Sorry to hear that your brother felt that there was no way but this, but here at least there is grace in our fellowship for you and may we all extend it to you as fully as we can. My prayer is for you find peace and rest in the days ahead to enjoy that grace so that it may abound in you. May God grant it to you and your family, Jerry

• 1 month later...

I am happy and surprised to see this thread come to top. Could be a timely event as well-
It seems all the tuff times have taken a toll on my wife and I. She has decided she needs to separate from me for a while (don't ask me what that means). The hard part is neither one of us has the resources to make it a complete separation. We live together but go our separate ways.....

Fe,
I went through the same thing ( for very similar reasons) with my ex - we had 2 1/2 year "live-in" separation - We came out of it on the other side the absolute best of friends and with a stronger love for each other than we had before - just different.

All our thoughts to you and your wife - I hope that you can make your way on the best of terms whatever they may be!!
Neil & Lauren

Fe,
I went through the same thing ( for very similar reasons) with my ex - we had 2 1/2 year "live-in" separation - We came out of it on the other side the absolute best of friends and with a stronger love for each other than we had before - just different.

All our thoughts to you and your wife - I hope that you can make your way on the best of terms whatever they may be!!
Neil & Lauren

I'm inspired. Thanks Neil

You are both in my prayers. I pray that while seperate, you both find time to pray together. I pray that you will begin anew and see things in a different light and that the Lord will make himself more evident in your lives together. God bless and keep the faith.
Mark<><