I Forge Iron

Have we forgotten 9-11?

Blacksmith58

This photo was taken in Feb of 2002, just five months after 9-11. THis cross was found in the rubble and was erected at Ground Zero. Just thought I'd shair it with the fourm. I had a lot of photos from GZ, but this one is my favorite!

GZ1aa.jpg

Just honorably remembering the events of five years ago, on this September 11, 2006

No I don't think I'll ever forget. I used to work all over Manhattan years before it happened so it made it seem more personal. The day it happened I was safe and sound across the river, almost ashamed to be so safe watching it unfold like a reality show on live TV, as peoples lives hung in the balance. To see the mess days after and then again taking my wife to show her a few months later was hard. Not because of a landmark building or a broken skyline but for all the broken families that just can't make sense of it. We read the notes left on the fences by grieving and hurting people for lost loved ones....I lost no one that day, but I tell you unashamed I cried thinking of the loss of children, parents, sisters, brothers....Could have have been any one of us or our families there working on a normal day or comming in to sight see on holiday haveing fun in a crazy city.....then....

We should never forget what these no good scummy @#$%^& cowards did and they should answer for those acts of disgusting cowardice. And we should back those who fight to protect us here and abroad. 100% Support for them on all levels physical, spiritual, emotional and not just while it is or was fashion to due so. But later as time tends to wear our memories a little thin we need to remind ourselves, Forget all the ^#*&! Politics, these are still real people struggling with real problems in the harsh world so we can live a Very Very good life.
No, I Pray we never Forget....That day in some strange way crushed the safe cushion I always felt, It made the Struggle for freedom our Fore Fathers lived seem more real and it took away an innocence and forced me to face fears I had not ever thought I could feel on my soil.
Sorry for the length
Thanks
TIM

i will never forget, that was the morning i woke up excited to drive down and pick up my building permit for my workshop, i had been waiting for weeks for it, they called and said its ready come and get it, i was at the office waiting for them to hand it to me and they had a TV on one of the morning shows when it all started, i had planned to start breaking ground as soon as i made it home, but, instead i watched TV horrified at what was going on, that was on a Tuesday, i spent the next few hours at home glued to the TV wiping tears from my eyes, my heart and prayers went out that day to all the family and friends of those lost that morning, some days when out back in the shop i still think about that morning, some days it still brings a tear to my eye, knowing that this is starting to take some of our freedoms away from us, but changes had to be done, as difficult as it may seem to take your shoes off at airports to be inspected, that is just 1 small price to pay because there are many more that i could go on and on about for these terrorist/cowards to do such a thing, i know in my heart that on judgement day they will pay for what they have done, but that is not soon enough
support all the military for what they do, and keep them and thier families in your prayers, because without them Americans would surely lose almost everything this country was built on - FREEDOM

Ron

At the time of 9/11 I was still a medic ( EMT B ). My life was busier then than is now ( seems hard to understand that). I worked in shipping at a ( now closed ) Rubbermaid plant. US airspace and rails were closed. Made me feel kinda funny entering a dark 53' trailer to load. Dear friend that I spent 3 1/2 years of my life with ( U.S. Navy ) was then ( and is still now ) FDNY. 24 year veteran now. Took me a week or more to find out if he was alive. For all the victims, my heart felt sympathies. For the terrorists, you have awoken and stirred a giant that will never let you finish what you started. Know this.

Some things are never forgotten. I remember in my life several tragedies our nation has endured. However, 9/11 was the most shocking, outrageous, senseless, cowardly attack on American lives, EVER! I was listening to my usual morning radio program, having just woke up and getting ready for the day. There was nothing being said on the program, and when the host started talking about what had happened, chills went up my spine. I walked outside the house, just to be sure nothing else was happening closer. No, I'll never forget 9/11.

I haven't forgotten nor will I. My wife was in the air that morning. She travels every week for her job (she's a big muckity muck) and since I don't watch much TV or listen to radio I didn't know what was happening until I got into work.

I walked by the TV to grab a cup of coffee and everyone was crowded around. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then I heard how terrorists were hijacking planes and they didn't know how many airlines were affected.

Let me tell you it was the longest hour of my life trying to get in touch with my wife. Thankfully, she landed with no issues.

I like JRs 'arrange the meeting' idea. Pity we haven't found the no good SOB yet.

rvb

Like key keeper, I too was listening to the radio that morning. I was listening to Bob&Tom, and when they announced that hijacked plans were flying into buildings I thought it was another one of their more ignorant jokes...It wasn't until I got to school that I realized there was actually something going on. The school had a television in every other room, and some of the teachers even went home to bring in their own personal tv's so everyone could watch. We had no classes all day, we just all sat in our homerooms and watched the different news channels. And every last kid in the school was watching when the towers collapsed.

As this is a blacksmithing forum, not a political forum, I will take a lack of additional posts to lock down the thread.

IForgeIron is visited by over 50 world wide countries each month. We need to stay on the topic of blacksmithing, even though these are sensative issues.