I Forge Iron

Another Brin Tumor

CurlyGeorge

My wife just had a followup MRI checking to see if her tumor had come back. She has had two brain tumors taken out, already. Last year her MRI showed a "shadow", as her surgeon called it. Well, since then it has grown some and now shows up as a tumor. It is NON Melignant, thank God. But it is another tumor, none the less. She is considering her options for treatment, right now, and could use your thoughts and prayers. Kathy has NOT had good luck with doctors over the past several Years. We are praying for the tumor to stop growing and that treatment will make it go away all together. Thanks, in advance everyone.
George

Edited by CurlyGeorge

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prayers and best wishes George. My wife had a brain tumor last year, a menengioma and the whole experience was very tough. She had a very skilled neurosurgeon perform her surgery, the chairman of the neurosurgery department at Strong Memorial in Rochester, NY. Having a good surgeon is very reassuring but nothing can keep the feelings of helplessness at bay save for faith in God. When the time came for her to be taken into the operating room and I had to leave her I felt smaller than a grain of sand. Then there was an ease which came over me and I believe that was my faith being answered and letting me know it would be ok. 

My wife is a strong willed woman and has been a nurse for more than twenty years. Its not easy for someone like that to have the roles reversed. One month before this she had elbow surgery, less than one year before, a hysterectomy and still her doctors are pestering her to have surgeries for her shoulder and foot. Enough is enough. I can't tell her to have the others, it's up to her. I cannot fathom myself in her shoes, for me to go through what she has.

George I know how devastating this is but know that you are not alone, kneemail is on the way from here... Keep the faith.