I Forge Iron

quad state

Looking like Quad State will be the place where we will not only unveil Mike's new tooling....but also several classes scheduled for 2010! Some will be historical remakes of artifacts!!!

QS is always a great time! I am really excited. These few days are always better than Christmas for me.

Peyton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm plannning to go for the first time and to bring my Dad as well. He's not a smith, but grew up in blacksmith shops so I think he'll enjoy it. We're trying to decide if we should camp in our RV or get a room for the one overnight we'll be there. Sounds like the camp ground might be a fun stay. What's the concensus here?

-Derek

Tonights demo was a bunch of guys working together to forge weld a tool steel plate on a mousehole anvil, ( Steve Mankowski, Sheldon Browder, and Peter Ross), it took them a while, but they got it, 3 guys with sledges, other guys to move the anvil, and 1 guy to brush scale, and another to flux, very coordinated, and it was really a good demo, maybe the first time in the last 100 years or so, what a cool thing to see done, and of course, My camera failed, argh!