I Forge Iron

My spike knives

fire4ged

If this is in the wrong place, let me know. Just wanted some honest opinions on a couple of my RR spike knives. They seem to be a little different than most that I see.

1: Not the wrong place! Sure it's about knives but who cares! :D I rarely post any questions anwhere else regardless of the theme. :rolleyes:
2: different isn't bad at all! I live off different! I LIKE IT!:rolleyes:
3: Honest opinion eh? Yes, they are different! No, I wouldn't make mine that way! (I prefer straight double edges) No, it doesn't matter what I prefer!:D Indaviduality is what has kept this art alive!
Yes, they look terrific and very well finished! Great job! Keep it up!

actually FieryFurnace is wrong again. General is not the correct place. The reason for the divisions is so others can locate topics easier. Knives belong in knives section funny enough.:D

Edited by mod07

1: Not the wrong place! Sure it's about knives but who cares! :D I rarely post any questions anwhere else regardless of the theme. :rolleyes:

Since you don't care, why should anyone else? :rolleyes:

A lot of us work hard on this site, keeping things working, and sorted to be easy to find. To have someone make a statement like that just burns my bottom. We have a lot of work to do on this site, without extra being created for us. Edited by mod07

I got a message that this thread has been moderated. I have reviewed the material. The administrators of IForgeIron try very hard to make the information on the IForgeIron site easily accessible. To have you state that you post only in one section regardless of where they should be placed (followed by a grin) which leaves us to clean up your mess. It takes time to properly move material and place posts to where they best fit on the site. Maybe if you are given a day off from posting, it will allow you time to review the many other sections and sub-sections of the site so you can, in the future, properly place any new posts in the section they best fit. You know, it is a big site, and why rush things, take a couple of days off.

I can't figure out how to edit my other post so I'll just post again!:D

There are catogories for a reason, and I understand the amount of work the moderators go through to keep this site up.
I want to apologize publicly to the forum for saying that the way did. I didn't mean it near like I worded it. I was trying to encourage a new member, but I should have properly directed him as well.
I'm sorry!
Dave Custer

Fire4ged,
Knives in the knife section, a good a place to post the thread, no problems here.

As to the knives, it is neat to see a different presentation of a common product. Very good. The different handle twists do not go well as a pair (in my opinion) but do great as singles, and is a great way to learn what looks, or feels best. If you want the forge marks in the knife blade, that is ok, but it would seem with the high polish finish that you would want to file out the forging marks to give the blade the same high end look as the high polish provides.

Your photography of the subject is good. The presentation (arrangement of the knives) is pleasing to the eye. It does bother me that the top right corner of the photo shows the edge of the couch cushion. Moving in closer to the subject (if possible) or cropping the corner out of the photo would change the look from amateur photographer to experienced photographer in presentation. Your choice of the couch cushion is a good one and works in this photo.