I Forge Iron

candlestick

Well I finally had some free time to get down my shed and light up the forge.
The candlestick is based on an archaeological report of a 13th century one, I like the simple design, you could scale it up for a contemporary table piece or similar.

10815.attach

10823.attach

The candlestick is based on an archaeological report of a 13th century one, I like the simple design, you could scale it up for a contemporary table piece or similar.

are the three legs forged welded at the middle or is the center candle stem riveted at the centre to hole all together

I've been collecting pictures of forged candlesticks for a while now. This is by far one of the nicest that I think I've seen. I love simple designs, basic functionality, and a clean presentation. A+. Can't wait to try my hand at it.

For everyone asking, it looks to me like the center candlestick holder has a tenon on the bottom that rivets together the base. At least that's how I would do it based on the pictures.

The center holder is riveted through the three legs to assemble it, What I really liked about this was the fact that who ever made the original put some thought into it and took into consideration the stepping of the candle holders caused by the legs crossing. He countered this by bending up each socket a bit more than the last making all the sockets level and because they are all level you tend not to notice the differences in the bends.