I Forge Iron

My brother had a heart attack

Ecart

My mother and brother are visiting from Georgia for Christmas. My wife and kids and I took my mother out to go shopping and when we came home, my brother, Keith, was not here. Not even five minutes later, the phone rang and the man on the other end insisted on speaking to me. He told me that my brother, 41 years old, had a heart attack and that he was in a hospital in Raleigh, probably 40-50 miles away. Mom and I went to find him. He has three stints now and the Doctor talks like it isn't over. We didn't get to talk to the Dr ourselves, but he told Keith that there would be more to do.
He and I have not had the best relationship since we were teenagers. This is the best Christmas I've spent with him in a very long time, but now he is in the hospital. Please pray for him.

Thanks god he is alive, I was down in Laredo at truck stop a few month's back, and had just ate breakfast, Walked outside and there was another driver laying on the ground and the paramedics Were trying to save his life. I could tell by looking in his eyes that he had moved on. Rough way to start a day. I'll be praying for your brother.and you all..

Thanks for all the prayers. The Doctor today said that Keith had a serious heart attack. He is doing well, but he is still in pain. The Doctor is concerned about that, but Keith takes in a lot of caffein and he smokes. He can do neither in the hospital so I personally think some of the pain is from that, especially the headaches he is having. He knows he has to stop smoking now. It's not going to be an easy road, but it's one he has GOT to travel to stay alive.

Thanks for the prayers. Keith is still sore fromt he heart attack. We weren't able to get to the hospital today because of car trouble. My wife is going to get my mother back up there tomorrow to see him. Hopefully he can get out and head back to Georgia where something more permanent will be done.

Prayers that your brother will recover fully and be around for many more years to come.
I too am 41 and I can't imagine checking out now with two daughters ages 9 and 12.
This sort of thing can be a real eye opener for all of us. Get those check ups!
This past year a good friend I went to school with suddenly died from a massive heart attack, he was 41, in great shape, never smoked and was the high school wrestling coach.
Another buddy of mine from the marines passed several years ago of a heart attack. He too was "in great shape" and 33 years old.

Edited by Dan OHare

Still the same for now. We can't seem to be there when the Doctor comes in to see him, so we aren't getting things first-hand. Today Keith got to see one of his daughters that he hasn't seen in years. It encouraged him to see her.