I Forge Iron

My first real anvil!!!

Today I picked up a 160# Vulcan! This is the first "real" anvil that I have bought. I paid $325 CDN for it (like $7US :P) with the block that its on, I don't think it was a bad deal. Its got great rebound, the face and edges are in great shape. I can't wait to start beating steel on it tomorrow! Let me know what you guys think. Here are the pics.

10153.attach

10154.attach

10155.attach

10156.attach

10157.attach

10158.attach

Ok, so now you have your anvil, beware, there is a disease out there that makes us buy MORE anvils, even though we can really only work on 1 at a time, it starts with one, then a deal comes along, man I've got to have that one too!! You can see how it goes from there. It silently creeps into your mind that more hammers are good, more hardies, more tooling of every kind, and once you have the disease, there is no known cure. But we do have a support group, when you feel you are sliding down that slippery slope, make sure to admit it to yourself, then post on the blacksmiths anonymous thread, we will be waiting brother!!

Ok, so now you have your anvil, beware, there is a disease out there that makes us buy MORE anvils, even though we can really only work on 1 at a time,

True !

I only have about 12 of them...
Started with a 127kg that was a bit heavy to take to the rennfairs, so I bought a 50kgs. Then I heard that Kohlswa wouldnt continue with their C51 (48kgs) so...
:D

i have a vulcan, its a 100 pounder and i like it other than the fact the face it really soft and marks eassly , its thin too so its hard to repair.... they are very quiet. i managed to get mine for 100$ also so it dident mader what it was, if it was real i was happy. For that price who wouldent be!

"I paid $325 CDN for it (like $7US )"

I did a quick check and a canadian dollor is almost the same value as an american dollar, so what did I or you do wrong calculating that????

But, excellent anvil, good find, now put it to use.

HUSH! I was going to offer him $8 USD for it!

Kids.

Frosty