I Forge Iron

My new striker/helper

Strine

Its been so long since I was able to show off baby photos to all and sundry...until now.A new striker/helper has arrived at our place on account of my son's 17th b'day. Well maybe not :wink: My family took a monumental leap in January in becoming dog owners. All involved are on a steep learning curve for sure.

Millie2.jpg

Millie1.jpg

This is Millie, a pure bred 'silver and tan working kelpie' at about 15 weeks. And we love her. She's a bewdy (a rip snorter, a bobby dazzler) and I thought I'd foist (?sic) her onto you blokes and sheilas unsolicited. Say g'day to the folks Millie.

Are there any other strikers or blacksmiths helpers of the four legged variety that we might meet.

1830.attach

1831.attach

This is Brady.

He's a farm-bred collie, about 7 years old now.

brady.jpg

We moved into the town a few years ago and were not sure how he would take to urban life. We need to do a lot more with him now, to keep him happy and fit, no more just turning him out into the fields and letting him chase rabbits.
Somehow owning a dog in this environment seems like more of a responsibilty than it did when we lived in the country. We could not contemplate life without a dog in the family though.

The biggest problem is stopping him from sitting and watching me arc-weld. He seems really offended when I have to shut him out of the workshop, but he refuses to wear a screen...........

one_rod.

1823.attach

These two are prime examples of mans best friend, they never miss a meal, hug or treat. They keep the Wilderbeasts, Coyotes and salesman from the door....what more could you ask for. :P

The small brown one is Duchess, The thick(don't tell him he's fat) furry one is Freckles. Both are pound hounds.

d1.jpg

And yes they both have 2 pillows each :roll:

JWB

1827.attach

• 1 year later...

It's always hard to lose a member of the family, my condolences.

Our cat likes to come out to my shop and see how high he can climb knocking things over in the process---once caught a bird up by the skylight and hope springs eternal they there will be another one...

The neighbors dog comes in on a regular basis to ask me to remove goat heads from it's paws and to jump up on me when I'm not holding hot iron---I finally made a "dog gate" for the roll up doors out of some scrap horse panel and some railing I had in the pile...

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...