I Forge Iron

Glenn’s Memorial Bouquet

Not to worry Frosty. I'm sure folks will do as I did. That was to look around the shop and home for former items that would fit in.

For instance the Humming bird & Tulip were attached to an old yard hook that wasn't being used and cut off. Debi spiffed them up with a new paint job. One of the cattails was from a challenge on the forum (did hammer out the other 2 and leaves) Debi made the small leaf a long time ago at a BOA meeting and the long one I made a year or so ago. We felt that they would be good donations even though we didn't make them specifically for that.

100_2357.thumb.JPG.a69f44192b973ac93c7e2613c568c164.JPG

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sail’s.
Semper Paratus

Thanks Irondragon. Hope so. 

Frosty, you are fine. I have had situations make me miss out on so many projects/ things in my life that I mighta been rich but stuff happens. Glenn loved you for who you are and would totally understand your situation. Your love and thoughts are what count most. I will send a snowman and snowflake in your honor if that is ok with you. 

20231122_000032.thumb.jpg.771a5e833fab479da45f7b7603367350.jpg

Dang it Das, now you've made me all misty eyed, So long image of the rough tough manly man Alaskan. <sigh> 

Seriously, thank you for the snowman and snow flake it means a lot to me. I did love Glenn even if we clashed now and then he was a special friend.

This tune keeps running through my mind with lyrics inspired by your pieces. "He's 3 nut Frosty the snow Flake, Man!"

I'll redouble my efforts to finish a flower, it's warming up considerably all I need to do is clear the path to the door. Maybe I'll split a piece of copper pipe and flatten it. Hmmmm.

Frosty The Lucky.

Das, I think a lot of people feel and see it exactly as you do, I know I do.  Thanks for putting it into words.  I made a few extra leaves and would like to do the same.  Frosty, one can't control the weather or other circumstances. We don't need you falling off an icey roof fixing a stove pipe.  

Don't worry guys I am NOT going up on the roof, falling and killing myself would be better than what Deb would do to me! 

Whatever I make will be on the floor or maybe in the basement where there's heat. ;)

Thanks again, Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

If your Deb is anything like my Debi, and I were to do something foolish, she would kill me several times over.:rolleyes:

Not to worry there have been 364 members looked at this thread and I'm hopeful some of them are working on something. It doesn't have to be anything grandeur in nature to be incorporated in the finished  bouquet but every little bit helps. I just checked the thread Steve started and so far only four members have sent anything in. So come on Guy's and Gal's time is a wasting.

Semper Paratus

• 3 weeks later...

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Christmas for those who celebrate the holiday. So far it looks like Steve hasn't received any more items, hopefully some have come in and he just is a little busy to update the post.

I hope everyone has a safe New Years eve and happy prosperous New Year.

Semper Paratus

Daswulf, I just noticed that your package did arrive at Steve's place. Thank you, I was beginning to get worried that Steve wouldn't get enough to make a decent bouquet.

Hopefully now that the holidays are over more members who knew Glenn will get busy and send something. It doesn't have to be made right now, all of us have things we made in the past that would fit in just fine, so look around the shop for things to include and send them to Steve.

Even new members are welcome to contribute and it looks like we will need more stuff. Something simple like tree branches and leaves that can be worked in will be fine.

Semper Paratus

No problem! I hope the leaves work, and I hope more people make something beautiful! I never met Glenn personally, but I figured making a few leaves was well worth the thoughts and comments and information I received from Glenn and others on this site!

I recently rediscovered a handful of petal cutouts that were in a scrap bucket I acquired at a swap meet. I still don't have a forge up and running yet but I'm gonna find my mapp torch to get those made into something pretty, then maybe a piece of 1/4" to make a leaf & stem, then weld it up. We just started a 10-day cold snap, but I should be able to do most of this inside the shelter rather than out in the wind. I really didn't expect to take so long in contributing something but I really do want to send something. Glenn and I had many a conversation off-forum and he helped me through quite a few projects.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just looking at the thread Davor started about the Viking ship candle holder and got to wondering if something like that would go with the bouquet. It could even be a separate piece to be placed out when wanted. Unfortunately I'm not talented enough to make one.

Semper Paratus