I Forge Iron

Looking for someone to make a pendant

14 hours ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

Howdy from Eastern Oklahoma! Welcome to the forum!

do ya got a picture of what your wanting made?

algiz-rune-pendant-hand-forged-northlord-grey-silver-wood-826_2048x2048.jpg

13 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Where in the world are you located? Might save a small fortune in shipping and find someone local. 

Anything Iron is the easy part. Did you have something more specific in mind?

Northeast Indiana 

algiz-rune-pendant-hand-forged-northlord-grey-silver-wood-826_2048x2048.jpg

2 hours ago, BHUMP89 said:

Was hoping for iron

For the anniversary I would recommend that you go with either mild steel, scaled sufficiently to look old (like the sample you showed) or wrought iron.  While the latter will be harder to source, it does have a lovely surface once etched and is a little more rust resistant.  Pure iron will be a lot harder to get a hold of.  Any competent smith should be able to recreate the sample you shared, but why do you want a Viking "X" rune on a pendant for an anniversary?

I suspect if you surf something like Etsy you will find any number of steel pendant types.  For an anniversary you might want something like a heart or leaf pendant.  There are also folks making some nice ones out of pattern welded scraps that show well.

Good luck.

Connection with the gods, awakening, higher life, protection or hidden danger, consumption by divine forces, loss of the divine link, fear. Rune of the essential link or connection with the patterns of divine or archetypal consciousness, such as the Valkyrie. As I being norse pagan I wanted to give her something from my heart to know that she is always protected. If you have ideas and can help, I'm all ears

Lovely sentiment, thanks for clarifying.

In your shoes, unless you wanted something very unique (i.e. costly), I would just google "Iron Viking Rune Pendants".  I did that and got dozens of hits at some pretty fair prices.  I think it is unlikely anyone not making these regularly could compete with those churning them out in a light production atmosphere.

If you’re wanting to support a local smith, you could post to the “Indiana Blacksmith Association (IBA)”Facebook group. I’m sure one of the guys there is jump on it. Expect the same questions, so you may want to put all the information in your first post.

Keep it fun,

David (IBA member)

Goods' suggestion is a good one, this is a worldwide forum so if you can track down your state's blacksmith association(s) that would be a good way to get in touch with someone actually local to you. Out here we have the CBA (California Blacksmith Assoc.) so that seems like it is fairly common nomenclature, just change to whatever state you are in. A couple emails and/or phone calls from there should get you in touch with someone I would think. (Our CA one even has a "find a blacksmith" map with contact info which makes it super easy!)