I Forge Iron

I am finally back and here is one I put together

Mike Turner

Hello my friends my wife and I have been having a terrible year and I now have time to get back to making knives and my friends here.

Those that do not know my wife almost died in February, she had 35 blood clots in her lungs and is lucky to still be with us. She has fought a long hard battle to get better. She is doing great now almost back to normal.

I too have been plagued with injuries from my day job as a farrier and I too am finally feeling pretty good and glad I can start getting back in the shop.

Well it is great to be back and will take me a long time to catch up on what I have missed.

Here is a skinner with a gut hook I finished yesterday for a customer. It is 5/32" ATS-34 with a flat grind, heat treated and cryoed by my good friend Gene Martin. Has 304 stainless steel bolsters and stabilized birds eye pine scales with stainless steel pins. Custom sheath by Sally Martin.

Thanks for looking.

8198.attach

8199.attach

Mike, I sure missed your presence and input to the site.
I am relieved to know that you are back and still kicking!!! I have been concerned enough that I even tried to contact you, but understandably with no response.
If that knife is a reflection of how you are doing, then you must be doing much better!
That knife is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.
I am glad to know that you both are on the improve. Please say hello to your wife for me!
Ted

Stan my friend I missed you to buddy :D how are you doing?

Welder I feel as good as that knife looks well OK maybe half as good ;)

Ted my friend I too have missed you :D and everyone else here. How did you try and get a hold of me? if by email I apologize as I have had no time to get on the computer if by phone I never got a message, I would have gladly taken the call or called you back. I just hope things stay good but you know how it is you just take life's punches and keep going. How are you doing Ted?

• 2 weeks later...