• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frosty; I'd advise her to start drinking cranberry juice and see a Dr!

We have several folks running cupolas out this way---a couple of years ago we had a great pour at Chris Thomson's studio and there is a regular one at New Mexico Highlands University in Las Vegas, NM. which is the one you are probably thinking of.

We're not near much, (you probably know that feeling); but if you get down this way look me up!

What I know is Pat is from NM as of some years ago. Lots of the folk in the pics I posted are from his old gang in NM. I don't know where, who or any specifics other than the pour he went down for is happening in the next week or two in NM.

you better believe I'll be looking you up if Deb and I get down your way. Heck, I'll just post our plans here and see who feels adventurous. . . Or tolerant. :blink:

Cranberry juice eh? Think that'll counteract a 3lb. a day habanero habit?

I just don't know of any docs who'd be willing to take a look at that! :o

Frosty the Lucky.

tw0 days ago a gas powered air compressor minus the air tank followed me home,i started it today and it runs and pumps great.it was used to run a air arc cutting setup.it has a kohler engine and a 2 stage pump.whats it worth? all i need to do is find a airtank as the previous owner needed it for his pto driven rig

New(to me),self contained hydraulic,adjustable for height(and tilt) work table with locking casters.
The local hospital was throwing away a surgical table from the OR.Couldn`t load that baby up fast enough.Took some cutting(IV racks and other un-needed stuff)and rewiring to eliminate all but the foot controls but I now have the coolest work table in town.
Also scored a self contained hydraulic lift that is going to become a motorcycle lift as soon as I figure out how to properly attach it to the rolling base from the exercise machine that the physical therapy department threw out.
I love the hospital,as long as me and mine are not patients. :)

post-10376-12685776371195_thumb.jpg post-10376-12685776685185_thumb.jpg
Picked up some goodies yesterday E.A. Chase closing shop sale it was like ants to a picnic, got a large rivet gun and about 20 chisels also 3 pair of OC tongs and a real cool cone that fits my hardy nicely

post-10376-12685777379786_thumb.jpg post-10376-12685777616441_thumb.jpg
Then there were the freebies

Hi, this little monster followed me home just before Christmas....nice gift for myself. It's a kohlswa 182 kg anvil (~400 lb). I hope it will come in good use.

Greetings from Sweden

Tubbe

How much "GLUG" was required to get it to follow ya home. Man I miss that stuff.
Ken.

While I was in Tucumcari, NM last week for the Iron Pour at Mesalands Community College I went over to the scrap yard and scrounged around with a friend of mine (not much fun using a walker though) and found some useful steel, an 8" wide belt pulley and a couple of plow shears all for $4. Nice thing about the iron pour I got to talk to Pat Garley about Frosty, get the straight skinny about him and Pat said he is doing just fine. :D

While I was in Tucumcari, NM last week for the Iron Pour at Mesalands Community College I went over to the scrap yard and scrounged around with a friend of mine (not much fun using a walker though) and found some useful steel, an 8" wide belt pulley and a couple of plow shears all for $4. Nice thing about the iron pour I got to talk to Pat Garley about Frosty, get the straight skinny about him and Pat said he is doing just fine. :D

You got to meet Pat, cool! He's a great guy though I'm not particularly skinny. ;) I wish I could've remembered where he was headed too I would've plugged the event here.

Good scores it sounds to me, we don't have any good salvage yards here abouts so finding good salvage is pure luck.

Walker? did I miss you getting injured, cut on or? I sure hope it's temporary.

Frosty the Lucky.

Hey Gang! Long time no see. I've really missed this thread. Always gave me new ideas of what to look for when I'm out scrounging. Now I'm known to do a brake-stand in my pickup on a busy highway to retrieve the odd bit of metal. Well... maybe not THAT bad.

I've seen for some time what I consider a trajedy. I think I've identified an old "railroad forge" complete with firepot and built-in water trough sitting in the weeds at a nearby house. I once stopped and left word and note with his son, but never received a call. The kid's countenance doesn't scream "rocket scientist" so I doubt the old man got my note. Do you think its worth stopping and checking? Or should I let it rot in the weeds?

*sigh*

Keeplokd

Yeah, I have known Pat for the last 6 or 7 years now ever since I started going to the Iron Pour over at Tucumcari, NM. The last two years he has been the man running one of the cupolas and done a very fine job of it too. He is a great fellow to have around an iron pour, keeps things moving and has a rare sense of humor to go along with his size, a good man to have around in general. B)
This is most likely my last unless my health improves, I am the water boy and it just about done me in this year. One of the gals from NC, Liz, dips my waxes in slurry for me and others help me get things done too. A great group of folk gather at Mesalands each year for the Iron Pour. :P

Hey Gang! Long time no see. I've really missed this thread. Always gave me new ideas of what to look for when I'm out scrounging. Now I'm known to do a brake-stand in my pickup on a busy highway to retrieve the odd bit of metal. Well... maybe not THAT bad.

I've seen for some time what I consider a trajedy. I think I've identified an old "railroad forge" complete with firepot and built-in water trough sitting in the weeds at a nearby house. I once stopped and left word and note with his son, but never received a call. The kid's countenance doesn't scream "rocket scientist" so I doubt the old man got my note. Do you think its worth stopping and checking? Or should I let it rot in the weeds?

*sigh*

Keeplokd

most of my best buys were from people that were tired of seeing me,that said i would ask once a year until they let you know in plain english to stay away or its not for sale.im working on a couple dodge darts right now,have been for 3 years.

Yeah, I have known Pat for the last 6 or 7 years now ever since I started going to the Iron Pour over at Tucumcari, NM. The last two years he has been the man running one of the cupolas and done a very fine job of it too. He is a great fellow to have around an iron pour, keeps things moving and has a rare sense of humor to go along with his size, a good man to have around in general. B)
This is most likely my last unless my health improves, I am the water boy and it just about done me in this year. One of the gals from NC, Liz, dips my waxes in slurry for me and others help me get things done too. A great group of folk gather at Mesalands each year for the Iron Pour. :P

That's longer than I've known him and we ony live about 25 miles apart. I've watched him in action at two iron pours here and I have to agree, he has a talent for keeping the whole screwy crew on track, under control and doesn't inhibit anyone's fun doing it.

Art on Fire is held at the Museum of Industry and Transportation about 3 miles from here, next event is the last weekend in June. Our club will be doing demos, there'll be lamp work glass, raku demos and the iron pour. It's always a great day at the fire. You should make the trip up, you can stay with us and surprise Pat at the event. I'll take pictures, it'll be fun.

Frosty the Lucky.