I Forge Iron

Joys of bein a home owner

TWISTEDWILLOW

Sounds like the pot thing is what we call a dry well for grey water. When we built the house in '82-'83 a steel 500 gal septic tank was what we could afford. About ten years or so the tank had rusted out and collapsed in. So the replacement tank is a 1000 gallon polyurethane tank, been going strong since and we haven't had to have it pumped out yet. Rid-x  monthly has kept it and the drain field working just fine. Of course when I put in the drain field it called for 4 10 foot lateral lines and true to my way of over building it's 8 20 foot lines.:) Our grey line has the washer, dishwasher and laundry sink on it.

Merlin the Russian Blue cat inspecting the new tank. Sure miss that goof ball, he passed over the Rainbow Bridge years ago.

100_0006.thumb.JPG.903d5b81d33319b7ccdfa96aa0bff85d.JPG

Came home night before last and my AC was not working. Not much i can do at 3 AM so i slept in a sweat lodge. Tried what i could do then had to break down and call in the experts. $600 later i have AC. Also discovered a place in the basement where ground water is coming through, yep the joys of home ownership. 

As a side not while looking at my AC yesterday i some how blew out my left knee by standing up, the joys of getting old. Got more snap, crackle, pop in my joints than a bowl rice crispies.

26 minutes ago, BillyBones said:

i some how blew out my left knee by standing up, the joys of getting old.

I threw my back out last week getting off my bike. So much for biking to work being better for you.

Scott, i am assuming that by choppers you mean teeth? My uncle was a pastor most his life, one of those fire and brimstone types, one Sunday he was really getting into a sermon and his teeth came flying out into the congregation. He was know to lose them on occasion, usually just fall in front of him but that time they came out like a rocket. Quite funny.  

18 hours ago, BillyBones said:

Scott, i am assuming that by choppers you mean teeth

Yes, Billy.  It was funny and I had a hard time not laughing.  He didn't notice anyway, he was jumping up and down saying bad words.  He was an odd duck.

Sounds like a sermon I'd like to have been there for.... :)  Nowadays somebody would have got it on video and it would go viral.