I Forge Iron

What are leaf springs worth, US dollar wise for blacksmithing?

I agree with Irondragon, scrap value, about 25 cents/pound.  That said, I would pass on many used springs because of mirco-cracks which can translate to blade failure if used in knife making. In particular, I would avoid any broken springs because they failed for a reason.   Also, I have found that some newer spings are odd alloys which may not forge well or have difficulties hardening and tempering.  I have generally had better luck with older springs which are usually uncomplicated metal.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Body shops, mechanic shops tend to have them on occasion. Might get more than you need for going in and asking nicely with a box of doughnuts. Explain that they are for blacksmithing stock. Maybe even a little hand forged trinket as a please/thank you.

Fabrication shops might have the stock for a fair price. Many keep drops/ end cuts and often they are marked what they are. Since the stock was already paid for, it is more profit for them. 

If you can find a spring (making/bending) shop around..

Truck upgrade/modification  shops would have them and maybe new take-offs. 

Then scrap yards.

All prices would vary but it should be less than buying new stock from a supplier. 

Agree with all above! Here in central Pa. scrap steel is same as Az. about $.50 pp....

Most garages will give you ones laying outside their scrap bin (and a dozen of donuts early in the morning may get it carried to your vehicle) I cut an old one off of a rebuilt dodge pick-up project back in 2019 Joey asked about blacksmithing a knife out of it, I assisted (let Joey do most of the work) turned out pretty well!

1A1EF255-19DC-424C-8B59-E48C7321AA13.jpeg

299341E5-4431-409C-8C0A-C979AAE6D0E5.jpeg

B3E0B099-2987-4B39-B84A-20921A6831C5.jpeg

A9BFA29B-56BA-467B-B6E1-213CE5139A17.jpeg

010A2832-2CB6-4D13-BFF4-5EACEE49D840.jpeg

I let the scrapyard store leaf springs for me; they never are short of them.  Note that places charging for used car parts charge a lot more than scrapyard prices for random leaf springs; so don't buy there!  I have also found that a bottle opener forged from an unplated wrench can be used to open the gate to many a mechanic's scrap pile!