I Forge Iron

Testing laser thermometer for heat treatment

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was just a thought but this new development brings an amusing picture to mind.

Neighbor answers a knock at the door to find John standing there with a teaspoon who asks, "I'm testing my laser thermometer, may I borrow a teaspoon of table salt please?" :)

Frosty The Lucky.

A reference: "You are the salt of the earth; but if salt has lost its taste, how can its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything, but is thrown out and trampled under foot." Hence, "tasteless".

Boy, step away from the forum for a couple hours and look where things go!  Had I been in the game I would've asked if he was implying cannibalism with his salt of the earth comment. Salt isn't good for you if you EAT too much. "Unless you're salt of the Earth" is just creepy enough to be a great straight line. I wasn't watching though. <sigh>

I couldn't think of a decent Conehead tie in for the brain scoop either. 

Frosty The Lucky.

It's been 9 hours since I posted that.  I wonder is it just me.  Or you?  When are we going to get tarred and feathered on here?

One would have to have a whole set of scoops for a conehead, not? Kind of like a set of measuring spoons.  To get to the bottom of the cone, that is.

It's my favorite part of an ice cream cone too. How about we do this, instead of rolling the wafer into a cone we roll it into single ply tubes with around 5/16" ID. Then you get a cup of ice cream and a couple wafer tubes, poke it into the ice cream and eat it a bite at a time. It's ALL crunchy melty goodness. Hmmm?

Frosty The Lucky.

Well, this thread has taken an unusual turn. 

I like the bottom also. The tube thing may work.

Remember the ice cream tacos? I remember getting them off the ice cream truck as a kid. Those were kind of all melty goodness. I remember having to try and keep licking the bottom so the ice cream did not run down my arm. Had to do that so the last bite was all extra melty gooey cholatey.

No, I never heard of ice cream tacos, I'd happily give the a try. 

When we moved to S. Cal. Mother was determined to try a taco and the only place she knew of was Olvera St. in Los Angeles. We made a special trip and we all had tacos. Mother's lived up to her ideal, the juice ran down her arm though it didn't quite drip off her elbow. It was years before Taco Bell put tacos in every neighborhood. Great memories, good times.

The ice cream tubes need dipping sauces to go with for the deluxe version.