I Forge Iron

Identifying a Metal Object

Admin, if there is a better place for this thread, please move it as you see fit. 

BLUF:  I am wondering if anyone might know what the two pictured metal items might be?

There is about 15 acres of dry ground that can not be used for growing crops.

SO many moons ago, I believe before the previous owner, this property had the dry ground being harvested by a rock company. 

We don't know how deep they went, or even what they were pulling out of the ground.

Up around that area I found these two heavy metal items (pictures).

We have been speculating that it might be from a grader or dozer but we have no idea at all. 

the smaller piece, you can see the bottom plate is 1 1/2 " or thicker.

We are curious, and I WANT THAT PLATE.  8-)

ARMY

UnknownMetalPiece2_500.jpg

UnknownMetalPiece_500.jpg

That sounds like plausible Randy, I don't think it's part of a scraper gate. 

Everybody who finds a cutting edge (knife) off a piece of earth moving equipment tends to grab it and start making plans. I have a couple shorter pieces of grader edge I have plans for maybe someday. Unfortunately the steel is almost unworkable at a normal human level. It's alloyed to be very abrasion resistant. You need blue stones and grinding disks to touch the stuff. I don't know about THAT edge but if you want an idea do a web search for "Vascowear" and take a look at the ingredients. 

Frosty The Lucky.

It should be good and way more workable steel than the edge but you'll need to test is. 

A Spinosaurus or dimetrodon maybe. My first thought  was a segmented body or a giant grin. 

Frosty The Lucky.

3 hours ago, Nodebt said:

A shredded semi tire off the interstate would work well.  It would look more strandy and realistic.  If you found two you could add a gotee.

i could get you  few more locally and we can make a full beard add a large custom axe and you have a lumberjack sculpture

frosty i have discovered the voices. my question is HOW do you turn them OFF at night they seem to be extra active then

Yeah, where's Frosty when you need him?  He starts all this kind of stuff and then signs off.  We could run with a lumberjack sculpture....  You think it would take one of those expensive cranes to assemble?  Judging by the size of the teeth?

I take a couple hours off to run some errands and check the mail and look where you've taken this. If you're going for Paul and Babe you need to start scrounging cement truck drums for Paul's biceps. 

Frosty The Lucky.