I Forge Iron

A place to hang your keys

I just wanted to add, I like the use of rivets.  It gives me ideas, ideas.  I would probably welded it all together.

Also if you ever wanted to build bigger sculptures like that, say for coat hooks or whatever, planter/cultivator disks have a built in curvature for heads and tails.  Not trying to hijack your topic with a picture of my own or anything but I started a prehistoric phirana and here is the head made out of a disk showing the curvature.  Keep in mind, it's a start.

0120191755_compress5.jpg

A skeletal pterosaur hanging from the ceiling with reflective mylar wings and LED lights in the ribs shining on the winds for room light. Hmmm? I wonder what holographic mylars cost, that way the LEDs could cycle along the ribs and the reflected light change. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Heck nothing wrong with living in your furnishings. . .  Well maybe not much wrong a lot depends on the weather. Hmmm, a pterosaur that weather vanes and the wings flap slowly in the wind could generate power for it's own light show and your appliances. Ooh ooh, it would have to feather in a strong wind of course but how about it folds it's wings down to the ground in the process. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I was thinking of leaning it on the house till you come home (board with a hook on the end?).... but.... could you put some hinges on it?  A collapsable key fob?  Still kind of bulky....  I suppose now we are just being silly and unrealistic, but it's fun and exercises the imagination.  :)

Silly's good, I LIKE silly. Hard as that may be to believe. :rolleyes: I suppose we could hinge it like a folding door.  How about a telescoping want? Something flashy, chromed that auto extended and retracted, perhaps using compressed air. Recharge it in the cigarette lighter or a wall plug charger. 

Frosty The Lucky.

You know, these day's anything is possible and people that think like we all do are getting rich beyond their wildest dreams.  Maybe there are spies on here stealing ideas to line their own pockets....:ph34r: Your telescopic contraption may be the next big thing.  I guess you just need hard work and a spokesman that call's Liberty Mutual libbberty bibberty.  Or lucky star.

I'm getting so rich enough to buy something without Deb asking what and why is beyond my wildest dreams. Of course it WOULD be nice to have a larger RV, not worry about filling the tank or paying the driver, house maid and wash wax lad. 

An old acquaintance used say if he were rich he'd have an A-10 on floats. That'd be worth learning to fly.

You can see similar extending wands in many magic acts, probably get one at a costume/magic shop. That's where my idea came from, they even come with alligator clip ends. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I treasure your ideas.  Does it matter where they come from?  I had a dream last night about that anchor and chain and a sculpture of the Flying Dutchman that's been in the back of my mind.  That's an idea.  Maybe I can work alligator clips into it.

I think if I were rich I would make as many people happy as I could.  It doesn't buy true happiness, that's up to you.  But it can keep the creditors off your back till you figure it all out.

One of the things I love about Iforge is it's a place I can let the voices speak and only once in a while get in trouble for it. That some of the gang can use some of my ideas is great. These things feed on each other in my mind like a pun thread, it's the same process in here anyway. We seem to have a feedback loop going and I'm loving it.

Alligator clips sparks a vision of The Dobby bowsprit dangling a caricature politician from it's talon over a congregation of hungry alligator clips. (I looked it up just now, a group of alligators is called a congregation.) Of course they could be after Capt. Hook. Hmmm, I see . . . things!

I don't know what or how much I'd do for folks, I've seen the results of giving people too much my whole life. Unfortunately it's painful to be able to help and not do it. Building a business, provide training and jobs and take all the heat from the gimme crowd hardly seems relaxing or peaceful. Then again peace and relaxation is so narrow an existence.

I doubt that'll ever be a problem for me but I wouldn't mind taking a shot at it.

Frosty The Lucky.