I Forge Iron

Stilwell Hammer in 2022

That looked like quite the hammer in Billy! The weather looked perfect I don't see sweat stained shirts and you have plenty of shade, I might could've survived that without having to go for a dip in the tub of ice. How'd you like the sand stand? I see it being used a bit. 

Have a cool one and take a break now will you? You've earned it.

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

The hammer in lasted much longer than I thought it would! 

Thats a sure sign of a good time.....:)  Looks like you all had fun and I wish could have come over and done some hammering, learning and chowing down.  Ahhhh..... maybe someday!  Well done!

12 hours ago, arkie said:

Billy, you had a good turnout!  Great setup.  Good pictures

Thanks arkie! To bad you weren’t able to make it this go around! I heard your name mentioned yesterday you were missed! 

11 hours ago, Frosty said:

That looked like quite the hammer in Billy! The weather looked perfect

Thanks Jerry! The weather was a little warmer than it normally is this time of year but not unbearably hot thankfully! 

How'd you like the sand stand

It worked perfectly! I think it’s gonna be the new daily use setup! 

Have a cool one and take a break now will you? You've earned it.

Yesterday evening ash an max came outside and since we already had everything set up, we went ahead an fired up the grill again an had ourselves another cookout!
Max climbed all over everything an ran around the yard a hundred miles an hr while mom an dad enjoyed a cold one lol

Scott, 

Ya know Im only 30 minutes north of I-40! That’s a straight shot from NC! Lol

ill make sure to save you a chair an a plate for the next one!

6 hours ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

Thanks arkie! ............ I heard your name mentioned yesterday you were missed! 

Good or bad?? LOL :wacko:

I miss the meetings a lot.  Your's would have been a hoot!  At first it was COVID, then the past year or so, my wife has become disabled/semi-invalid therefore I can't be gone for the long trips to meetings. :(  One of these days.......maybe.

That’s a real scary situation arkie!

Not bein able to get up move around an go outside under my own power would drive me crazy!

I feel bad for her! 

i hope she gets to feeling better soon where y’all can at least share a cup of coffee on the porch!

Just 30 Min North of I-40, I'm just a bit over an hour south of I-40!  If you are coming from the east; remember to take a left turn at Albuquerque!

Looks like a great time and you will probably become a regular place for hammer ins in the future.

I'm on a septic tank so we had a porta potty when I had  the SWABA meetings here too.

Thomas, you just turn north at Sallisaw to reach me!

well I hope everyone had a good time and I’d be more than happy to host again if they need me too!

We’re on septic also and you gotta go through gates an fight your way past dogs to reach the house so I figured the porta potty would be a much better route

Ain't nothin' like a porta potty on a 100 deg. day!!!!!! :wacko:

Fellas, thanks so much for the kind words re: wife.  She can get around the house for the most part, most of the time.  When I go out to the shop to work, or mow the field next to the house, I take my walkie-talkie.  Works wonders!  Just long periods away are problematic.  We could get a friend to come sit with her, but we don't like to burden others...just manage around the situation pretty well.

I've been to parties where the men were asked to "go behind the barn for #1" and the ladies got to use the house facilities; as I recall their septic tank was a handful of steel 55 gallon drums buried out back of the house and their capacity was "limited".

My Oilpatch days date till after the start of the oilpatch; shoot my part in them dates till after the Hughs' bit went from bicorn to tricorn!

One thing I learned from this meeting was I’ll need to rearrange the forges before a next one, 

I thought I had it set up well for three stations but one ended up buried behind everyone, 

so next time I’m gonna pull all the blowers an blacksmith junk outta the smithy that aren’t bein used to make better use of the space for seating an forging

• 3 months later...

Lol, DHarris, 

you must’ve forgotten, I had let ya know about it but I think you had a business trip or something goin on the same weekend so you weren’t able to make it, 

but to answer your question about 2023 yes I’ll host again if the BOA folks would like me too, 

I think there might be more people at the next one, several people have expressed interest in attending if I host again,