I Forge Iron

File style!

Hey Folks,
I have not been able to post for awhile, been busy at work and making blades!;) Here is one of the latest, I used a large farrier's rasp and forged the width down to what you see here. I really like the effect that the file leaves, it looks reptilian. This one has a 3-1/2" handle wrapped in gutted 550 cord and the blade is a 4" convex grind. It all fits into a front pocket kydex sheath for daily carry. Enjoy!

7988.attach

7989.attach

7990.attach

That looks really cool...awhile back there was a guy that had some knives made from old files that he made via stock removal. on all of his knives he made sure to leave visual remnants of the file teeth...it looked pretty cool...but I have been wondering what it would look like to do the same thing with old rasps since my farrier is an aspiring blacksmith as well and has a large quantity of old rasps saved up. I'm sure I can get him to share a few with me... :)

I really like how it turned out...

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm not a fan of cord wrapped handles. You might say I'm the anti- cord wrap. You have restored my faith with this one. Say what you want about stress risers and whatnot.... If you were able to harden this and temper it without it cracking, I call it good. That is a very cool blade! Long live the Snake Knife!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread but just in case somebody stumbles across it I wanted to share this, You should try out a body file for doing body work that would leave a really neat design when finished like that. Here's a link to what I'm talking about.

http://www.race-werks.com/product_images/g/517/SVST-PBF4-Panzer-File__69183_zoom.jpg