I Forge Iron

Power hammer foundation follow-along

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got it with removing the water removing removing support like what happens to a boat when the tide goes out.

Back filling and compacting will help prevent shifting towards the hole. Pulling the drain pipe indeed makes me smile, you never know what someone might do in the future and that would be soooo bad. You had me scared there for a minute It'd kill me to see all that work you put into it damaged or worse. 

The picture of you and the concrete saw looks post apocalyptic. Do you know who Mad Max is, yes? You look like a relative.

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

Construction looks like it’s coming along nicely! 

how’s baby Freja doing?

Thanks for asking! I'm sorry to say she started suffering epileptic seizures this week. Her body froze in place for a minute at a time. She's in the hospital now. They took her in right away and are doing tests now and giving medicine, so she's drowsy now. Before this she was doing so well! Practicing her gripping and biting and talking. I had these same seizures when I was a baby. In general, they should go away with meds.

Mad Max is a compliment, thanks Frosty! 

After one day of medication in the hospital it started getting worse. The seizures started coming every second hour. That was scary. Then they changed meds and the seizures completely went away. Now it's been 8 days of new medication without a single seizure. That's great. She will have to take medicine three times a day for 2 years to keep them away. After that she should have grown out of it. Lucky for us we don't have to pay anything for the hospital. The state has a low limit for what patients have to pay and for that we have an insurance. The meds we have to buy each month. I think they will cost about 18 €/month.

Thanks for the kind words and the prayers! Freja is back to normal! She's testing her voice now and also just learned to roll over. :D