I Forge Iron

Hell’s Fire Forge

Bud in PA

Hey Bud, is this new or used? 

I'm not finding anything on a Hell's Fire forge on a quick search.

The Hell's Forge two burner forge runs around $300.  I did see some very questionable sites advertising them in the $60-$70. range but I Really wouldn't trust that. There are a lot of scam websites out there which makes me very skeptical when something sounds too good to be true. I'd hate to see someone get ripped off by them. 

Can you PM me a link? 

You also have to know if it comes lined and if it still requires rigidizing and coating the lining since that's additional money you'd have to put towards it.  

Order to day and you can DOUBLE your order at no extra cost. Just pay the extra fee. 

I'm pretty sure the actual price of most . . . stuff you see in ads is about 1/2 the asking, they give you two for one money after all. If you figure the $19.99 for 2 . . . thing is actually worth under $10. The $8.00 x 2 shipping and handling has to be the profit.

I have to say I'm happy I was too broke to buy a commercially made forge when I got started. After a couple years of experiments I started building good working forges and hopefully I'll get one I REALLY like one of these days. I have the cost for a 2 burner forge down to about &50. +/-

Of course I don't know what the next one's going to cost I have some mods I want to try.

I don't believe there IS a cheap first propane forge, probably not the first couple few. As a beginner you don't know what you need let alone want. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I've been seeing way under priced items from plain jane looking sites that just show a wild variety of things and learning that they are scam sites. Unless you luck out on a used item and have good contact with the seller, if it sounds too good to be true online, it probably is. 

I've seen this happen where they show an item, send you a total piece of junk that is nothing like you ordered and it's a nightmare if not impossible to get refunded, even through paypal or other "trusted" payment companies. Research before you buy!

Which Mods did you plan to try with the next forge---is Mod42 one of them?   Will you be using bone ash cupels?

(Spent some time over at the Mineral Museum yesterday with the grandsons;  they have old mining and trying stuff along with the beautiful mineral samples---some from right up the hill!)

• 3 weeks later...