I Forge Iron

Stands for heavy fossil display

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas: You don't really think your better half would need to feed you a toadstool to off you do you? 

I don't collect mushrooms I'm not that daring. I do however love a stuffed Portabella or similar, they go nicely in a salad. 

TW, a minor point, everything is gene modified, even archeobacteria aren't what they used to be.

How about cheese, like cheese?

Frosty The Lucky.

Some people don't like mushrooms because of the texture.  I love them.  Morels are the only kind I trust to hunt and eat.  Fried in a skillet with butter over a camp fire?  Oh my.... We used to have an airboat and searched the river islands for them.  How about a big fat portobellow burger?  I even like Cambell Soup creme o' mushroom, though I suspect they just lower a basket of mushrooms into the broth and raise it back out for the next batch.  Those chunks in there are probably cellulose.  Speaking of cheese, I love it.  I like to eat blue cheese by the spoonfull.....

Yeah, Deb likes the flavor but can't stand the texture. 

You actually make Cream of Mushroom soup? As . . . SOUP!:blink: You are a strange one Scott. It's an honor and privilege to know you. 

Mother made Cream of Celery soup once, it was pretty ghastly. So bad in fact I can't think of anything I'd want to cook in it. That's probably psychosomatic from the memory but. . . 

Cream of Bacon is good to cook with and makes decent biscuit gravy with a little doctoring.

Frosty The Lucky.

17 minutes ago, Nodebt said:

Cambell Soup creme o' mushroom

Yuck..

talk about gag a maggot off a gut wagon!

Scott your a brave man with a cast iron stomach! 

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

How about cheese, like cheese?

Jerry, yes I like cheese and please do not tell me anything scientific or gross about it to ruin it for me! lol,

Don't worry TW, I'd NEVER dream of relieving your imagination by telling you how cheese is made or by which kind of micro organisms. It's good stuff, I had a slice on my sandwich for lunch.

I'm not even going to do a web search on corn smut. Lets leave that as a mystery between us Scott. Please.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 months later...

Billy, I slather A1 steak sauce over disagreeable tasting food.  Maybe it's the raisins in it or the orange puree but it makes everything taste good.  I used to think it had anchovies in it but google says no. I put it on cooked carrots and they aren't half bad.  And I hate carrots.

I have not tried it on corn smut yet.

Nodebt, IIRC it's Worcestershire Sauce that has anchovies as an ingredient.  It's an echo of various fish based sauces such as ancient Roman liquaman and garum, Vietnamese Nuc Mam, and Thai fish sauce.  Not bad with light application on the right foods but not something that you'd want to consume with a spoon or straw (unlike ranch dressing).

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

You are right George, and I like it too, though I don't pronounce it right like so many others.  I say "Worchestershire" even though I know it's not right.  :)  I like it on baked potatoes and sometimes mix it in a bowl with ketchup and tobasco to dip roast beef in.

Good grief y’all!!!!
doncha know Anchovies aren’t meant for Eatin there meant to use as bait to catch bigger fish! :rolleyes:

lol, I don’t care for “wort Chester shire” sauce or anchovies double yuck!

Y’all poor souls need to come on down here an let me feed y’all some decent food!