I Forge Iron

Portable cordless bandsaw recommendations

Uh . . . I'm not sure. Are we considering the Bauer saw life or HF customer service? 

Joking aside that's a positive review made to a group of folks some 56,000 strong though not all of us have a HF close enough to shop in person. It's nice when you get that kind of surprise. The HF surprise, not the Bauer surprise.

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems with HF, it's the "luck of the draw" when it comes to any electric tools. Some are good and others are junk. I've had good luck with most though. The Bauer is the first of that brand I've had experience with and time will tell. It also seems like all porta-band saws are made in China now even the Big name brands.

From Popular Mechanics.

Only some of Milwaukee's products are made in the USA. According to their website, they also have manufacturing facilities in China and Europe. ... However, their most popular products are made overseas for now. Most models of their cordless power drills and circular saw are made in China

I've exchanged a number of tools at Harbor Freight (like pnut, I've factored the warranty into the cost), and every time the customer service has been excellent. If you're on a tight budget and need a tool NOW, it's not a bad way to go.