I Forge Iron

Good Fortune

Scott NC

Good luck to you, should you indeed have the winning ticket in your hand you would become the embodiment of your username.

After you dole out those IFI credits of course.. Should users who haven't visited the site several years fail to claim their credits, feel free to roll them over into my account... for safe keeping.

An observation from a professional fundraiser: I've spent a lot of time with people who have a LOT of money, and there's a big difference between those who got their money by working for it and those upon whom it was bestowed by chance (in my professional milieu, that's people with inherited wealth, but the same principle applies). For the latter group, because the money came without any investment of emotion or effort, its meaning has to come from how you get rid of it. The ones I've seen who are the most comfortable in their choices are those who decide to include a deliberate and structured plan to give a significant portion away, in such a way that does good in the world. The least happy ones are those who dedicate their lives to the relentless pursuit of Stuff.

No investment in riches means no value. I've known a few people who knew the price of everything and the value of nothing. 

Remember the old (cir. 55-60) TV show, "The Millionaire"? The premise was a millionaire would give random people a million dollars to "explore" how sudden wealth effected their lives. We didn't watch the program, my folks said it was just to watch money ruin people. Who wanted to watch people destroy their lives. Said it was worse than "Candid Camera" publicly making fools of people.

Were I to win one of these lotteries I believe my first move would be to assume a new identity, I get enough cold calls looking for money without having any. Any gifts I gave away would be anonymous and modest. The local food bank or two would get a blind annuity check every month from a bank that couldn't reveal a source under penalty of law and My by then very expensive lawyers.

Deb and I would find a nicer home, I made too many mistakes building this one, maybe have it rebuilt by pros. I wouldn't pay cash, it'd be mortgaged. I'd continue to draw my pension and SS. 

The biggest down side to winning BIG money is all the leaches that'll attach themselves. Think you hear a lot of Nigerian scammers now? HAH! I was getting probably 10 more calls a day when I started collecting retirement. Can't imagine what .3 billion would draw. Most if not all went away when we had the landline disconnected. I do miss screwing with scammers though, most have a jr high level vocabulary for cussing. I don't miss them enough to agree to one of the opt in marketing scams. That's why I no longer get a notice from the pharmacy when a prescription is ready. Their loss, most of you guys know how yakky I can be, I call them so a counter person has to stop what they're doing, ID me, look on the computer, bla bla bla, without getting to make any valuable offers. I know it's petty revenge but it makes me smile. 

Of course I might have some fun hiring hackers to scam the scammers. Yeah, that'd be a good use for a bit of lotto winnings.:)

Of course that' unlikely to be a problem, can't buy big money lottery tickets around here. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I agree with everything you stated, and I would expound, however this phone and its measely small keyboard and screen are like a bottle neck.  I have a locked up Ipad and a laptop with a battery deader than a well preserved tribolite and was planning on getting something better with my easy got gains.  Alas...  I want my $4 back!  I don't know what went wrong.  I learned my lesson though.  No more of that foolishness for me....  Sorry Frazer and Robert.  Maybe next time!