I Forge Iron

Hello all, I used to have a login here but lost it and had to start over. 

I completed my MFA in Jewelry and Metal Art last year and wanted to share some of my work. I have been forging for about 12 years, and never really had a lot of luck bladesmithing but I have always had a fine art/sculpture background.

I chose to forge pattern welded steel and weave Kevlar for my thesis portfolio which surrounds ideas of masculinity, trauma, sexuality and loss of empowerment. It’s generally conceptual work rather than functional. 

More images to follow. 
-Trevor

6BFE4CE9-0173-4674-8973-4AFAA6DD7308.jpeg

EF3004F9-D598-4305-821D-BCD4600A0D49.jpeg

218EB50E-C43B-425E-95BB-F3302D4DA2B7.jpeg

That material would make a great scorpion, chicken or pterodactylus sculpture.   Or even a bust of Lon Chaney as The Wolfman with black kevlar for fur (plus green glass beads for eyes)!  I may have to learn some new skills and up the quality of my work....

Good art Trevor, it evokes a number of emotional reactions in me. The pacifiers creep me out a bit, reminds me of "Howard the Duck" comics for some reason. I'm also happy to see good pattern welding, I personally like low layer count high contrast pattern welds.

All in all, I officially award you a Frosty "Well Done."

Frosty The Lucky.