I Forge Iron

--> Chat Thread <---

jeremy k

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked at the museum yesterday, slow day so I made a counterweight for the bellows out of: a single tree, a thin spring from a buggy, a thick plate I believe was from a plow, and some spikes from 3/8 square to hold it to the cedar post uprights. Cool here, really enjoyable day. Will try to snap picks of the counterweight next week when I am up there. Miss you all in chat, even Dale....

Another good day of demoing - weather was perfect - not quite as many people as Yesterday but still had many onlookers. The kids were happy to get a hand made nail to take home with them and the parents were happy to see them actually occupied for a few minutes while I made the nails for them :). Life is Good!

John - last I talked with Stan he is still having the hammer-in. - Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to make it this year. I did have a great time last year meeting some guys from here and others. ......Stan - I hope you can get someone to forge all night again :). I think I remember doing that last year LOL.

Yep hammerin here is still on Aug 15, 16, 17. All invited. Use my email address for further contact information and put IFI or hammerin in the subject area.

As Jeremy warned a few posts back.... we may forge around the clock again this year as was done last year.

Good Lord willing and Mother Nature plays fair this should be another great gathering.

I figured out today who made my forge and blower. Sort of. The face casting (where the handle comes out) is exactly the same as on my Tiger Blower. Now if I only had any idea who made Tiger blowers I'd know a whole lot more