I Forge Iron

I got lucky with this Anvil!

10 hours ago, Scooter430 said:

how did I miss use your quote?

I would say you quoted Thomas's post just prior to your reply. That is discouraged due to so many members world wide, who have to rely on dial up internet and/or pay extra for data. Quoting a post that everyone has just read is not necessary or not trimming the quote and leaving pictures in the quote eats up bandwidth and data. This thread explains all that.https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/53040-the-quote-feature/

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irondragon  Thank you very much for the explanation and the link

Thomas Powers  Scooter is essentially my name. It is what everyone calls me. Even my wife. However my real name is James Moore.

DHarris  Thank you for the tip! So sorry that happened to him!

Scooter: You need to stop using the  @   tag with people's names. It messes with the forum OS and makes admin unhappy about having to go through the posts and removing them! The tag serves exactly ZERO purpose on the forum, only causes problems.  

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty.

I read the "read this first" post.... That might be helpful right. I had looked at it before but did not read the whole thing. Must have gotten squirreled by my daughter...

Also will read the posts in that post... "Do your research"...... I am failing... 

Randy, years ago, my wife was going through a spell of dropping or spilling things.  Our kids nicknamed her "Grace" for NOT being grace(ful).  It has stuck for over 50 years.  When anyone in the family addresses her, they always call her "Grace" instead of her real name.  So many friends and new acquaintances thought that was her real name.  Some don't even know *what* her real name is!! LOL  (Sorry everyone, to drift off topic...)

Arkie: maybe your Wife is related to my maternal Grandmother's side. Her name is Alice, my generation called her Mom and most everybody else, including Mother called her Suzy.  Nobody left alive I'm aware of knows the story. <sigh> 

Frosty The Lucky.

Since this is the Nickname Thread, my nickname in high school was Disco Don. I showed up to Ag class on day in a shiny red shirt. Some jack wad called out, “Why looky there!  It’s old Disco!  Disco Don.”  It stuck till graduation. 

I really liked that shirt, but never wore it again. 

When I started pre-school my parents told me to get used to being called Jack. I introduced myself to the teacher and class as Jack so she told the class the story of Jack Frost. I did NOT want to share a name with the trickster, Jack Frost is NOT a nice guy!  I switched to Frosty, he's a holly jolly soul.  I don't respond to Jack, guys I wend to elementary school with were still calling me Jack in college. Ignoring them unless they called me Jerry or Frosty sort of worked. 

Seriously, who in their right mind wants to be known as a Loki analogue? 

Frosty The Lucky.

I even knew that! My brain isn't working this morning, I even grew up in the south west!

Let's see, the other connection between blacksmithing and Coyote is going to make the nickname more desirable? 

Frosty The Lucky.

I hate to mention that when I was going through a little accessed part of my shop recently I found the mummified body of a roadrunner---looks like the local feral cats had got it and drug it in the shop when the door was open.  No sign of anvil injuries!

Used a pair of long tongs to move it outside.

MC Hammer. No I haven't. I have been looking at the JABOD threads. Think I am going to make one of those. Maybe to day if the weather holds. I want to try and fuse an old fan from a computer heat sink. Not sure if I can design and print a good adapter for it yet though. Or if it pushes enough CFM to create a hot enough flame.

I have a 3D printer. Use one at work too. I am a very weird electrician... Matter of fact yesterday at work I wasn't an electrician at all.... I was a plumber for most of the day but had to make a bracket to hold a water mixing valve. So for about an hour I was a Metal Fabricator.... LOL

Had to move the red and yellow signs. Original locations denoted by corresponding colored dots. Installed the orange. Which included tapping into Hot and Cold water lines. Running lines to the wall and down into it. Installing a piece of wood to mount everything to as it is a metal studded wall. Also painted the wood to protect it from mold and rot. Installing hot and cold water valves, making a bracket to install the temperature adjusting mixing valve, drilling a whole through the wall for the drain line and installing that as well... Oh and lets not forget the I wash station sign. Took me all day, but that included going to Home Depot to get all the materials I was going to need....

21471123_PhotofromScootwr.thumb.jpg.ef1181b5cb4f442e10a5f8a45a556a17.jpg

I don't think 45 CFM is enough air flow.... As my research has mostly shown Hair Dryers and Vacuum Cleaners as blowers used.