I Forge Iron

Venturi burner using cutting torch tip

SamJ1425

Has anyone tried this? I was thinking you could thread the outside of the nozzle and use it to fit both the inlet and outlet for the Venturi set up onto the newly threaded part. The multiple outlets would be like a small ribbon burner almost mixing the drawing are better with fuel was my thought

Welcome aboard Sam, glad to have you. A few points to think about before asking questions: First, nobody has any idea what you see in your own head,  you're asking like we know what you're thinking.

Secondly, how about tightening up on basic English writing skills some. One thought to a sentence and try to make it a complete sentence. We're not terribly fussy well except maybe the Grammar Hammer but he's pretty easy going. The problem is your whole post is 3 sentences, a quick unconnected question, then a long run on sentence that makes little sense and then a hopeful sounding thought.

My suggestion before you start composing is to maybe do some reading in the Burners 101 section here on Iforge. Then make some drawings of what you're thinking about. Then look into the operating specs of cutting torches and see if they have a hope of doing what you're thinking of.

Make sense? I'm not trying to discourage you I'd REALLY like to see you come up with another even easier to make, maybe cheaper forge burner. Even if it doesn't work we LOVE to talk about ideas but we have to know what they are. Make sense?

Frosty The Lucky.

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

We're not terribly fussy well except maybe the Grammar Hammer but he's pretty easy going.

That should be:

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

We're not terribly fussy -- well,  except maybe for the Grammar Hammer, but he's pretty easy going.

;) 

Just as a gedanken experiment:  As it's the power of the jet of fuel gasses that does the air entrainment for a NA burner;  I don't think adding in smaller ones around the center will do as good a job.  Now if you were making a blown burner then subdividing the fuel jet might offer a benefit.

The rumour that JHCC's dentist is paying CRS and I to post here; so John will grind his teeth more and generate more work; is not to be considered valid.  (Charles did your check come in on time this month???)

• 3 weeks later...

Samj1425, any luck on the torch tip burner? Im kinda curious. On mine, I used .030 mig tips tapped into a brass nipple, which runs cross-ways through a 1"x3/4" Bell reducer. It puts put adequate enough fuel to accomodate the NA air intake. I suppose there is some room for dampering the air intake amd refining my flame, but with two burners, the complete firebox gets cherry red within 15-20 minutes. Would sure like to know if your idea has gotten off the ground.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:07 AM, JHCC said:

That should be:

On 12/8/2019 at 4:02 PM, Frosty said:

We're not terribly fussy -- well,  except maybe for the Grammar Hammer, but he's pretty easy going.

;) 

You don't even have to jig the worm. :P

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it not good that we can give so much pleasure to someone with so little effort?  I'm still hoping to get back out to Quad-State sometime; so I'm at least trying to edit my posts so "the Hammer" doesn't go all "Peter Lorre" when he reads them.  (My wife and I were recently listening to some Edgar Allen Poe stories done on radio in the 1940's and 1950's and were agreeing that few actors can "totally lose it" like Mr Lorre.)