I Forge Iron

Darn that's like .7 of 1mm. I'm pretty sure that's less than my saw blade hmm? If I'm able to do that do these torch tip files carve the hole back out (I've never used one). Curious because I cut a piece off of an older tip for test and it completly closed the hole

Don't use a saw. Use a single cut file or fine sand paper. Then clean the orifice with the tip file. You NEED a torch tip file set, it has an index of round files for cleaning the orifices of torch tips. The ends are smooth so you can CAREFULLY select THE file that is the same size as the orifice BEFORE you shorten it. Then gently use the file to open and clean burr left by filing out of the orifice. It will only take a couple strokes. If you over do it it will change the shape or size of the orifice and screw up the shape of the gas jet.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Glenn. It looks pretty tippy. If you weld four pieces of square tube on the bottom so it looks like a square with arms sticking off it will stabilize it considerably. You don't want it to take a tumble when it's up to full heat. Hot pieces of fire bricks bouncing around is a bummer.

Pnut (Mike)

Here's a picture of what I meant as the description wasn't the best.

stand 3.jpg

I'm sure you probably already have your design worked out. This one I'm sure isn't the best but it's an option. Post some pics when you get it finished. Good luck and it's looking great so far.

Pnut (Mike)