I Forge Iron

Pro forge 200

James95

Honestly rigidisier will probably stick it. But the black high alumina cement that they use to glue the fiberglass rope that seals wood stoves works pretty good and can be had in tubes about the size of a tube of toothpaste. If you have any isues with American perversion of the queens english let me know, I can get it translated buy a friend of mine in Perth ;-)

My spelling however is another mater.

Pnut, et al.,

Colloidal silica should work and glass microbeads will,  also,  thicken glues, (also acrylic &/or oil paints). Art supply stores sell it. But they are expensive so another source will be preferable.

They are also used in ANFO* explosive slurries. So an explosives supplier person would be worth a call.

You could also check Amazon for leads and chase down those leads.

Regards to all the iron bangers that read this site.

SLAG.

* ANFO  is ammonium nitrate fuel oil

Slag, I debated mentioning it's use in the mining industry but decided against it. It's used in milkshakes too.

Pnut (Mike)

The brand name of the product I found most easily is cabosil. It may be a hyphenated word but I can't remember. It's sold for marine repair. iirc it's fairly inexpensive. 

Edited by pnut

I found hydrophilic colloidal silica at CAC Plastics in Wasilla. Yeah, I know that's on the other side of the planet but it's a common thickener for fiber glassing & casting resins (that don't need to be clear), all kinds of glues, plaster, etc. etc. The smallest (1 pint can) I could get at the local plastic supply, fab. shop was 8 oz. at $8.00 USD per lb. A can is more than I'll likely use in a long time cost me $4 and tax. 

I don't know if the silica I got is fumed but it works a treat whatever it is. Colloidal is a must and hydrophilic is a real good thing, makes a lot easier to mix with water.

Frosty The Lucky.