I Forge Iron

Are you a true blacksmith? -- The Ultimate Test

C-1ToolSteel

I greatly enjoy checking out auction photos to see what's not "shown" but in the background. 

Once when to an auction and spotted a columbian vise bracket in a barrel of scrap metal by a door in the garage. I was going for it because there was some other good pieces of scrap metal in there too. When the auctioneer got to that barrel I was waiting for the bid to lower a bit and they threw in Everything along the wall as well! I ended up getting it really cheap but had to pass on the 8'x5'high divided bin of bolts on the next wall since I knew I was already over capacity in my little truck at the time. Ended up getting some great stuff in that haul, including the bracket lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love auctions, usually stay around to help clean up at the end. This allows me to pick up or trade for unwanted items. "Mystery buckets" full of rusted bolts, fittings, and scrap are usually left behind. I have found axe heads, hammer heads, odd tools, and plenty of antiques in these buckets.