I Forge Iron

Tinsmithing Anvil

Somehow, I now own a "tinsmithing" anvil - long and skinny, "T" shaped - about 3+ feet long, on a stand.  Other than using it as a plant hanger, front porch decoration, is there any market for these, sell or trade?  I am not attached to it.  Thanks.

Find a museum that might like it, est. a price that will  stand the test of review  , (IRS) donate it and take a tax deduction, that is if these deductions are still available next yr.  Nice conversation piece in a shop and slightly  useful at times.       

2 hours ago, notownkid said:

est. a price that will  stand the test of review  , (IRS) donate it and take a tax deduction, that is if these deductions are still available next yr

The new (US) tax laws still allow for charitable deductions, but the higher standard deduction makes itemizing deductions much less worthwhile. If you donate to a qualified 501(c)(3) charity, you can claim whatever value you like. However, if you claim a charitable deduction of more than $5,000*, you’ll need to file form 8283 with your tax return and get a qualified independent appraisal. The charity cannot determine the value, and whatever fees you pay the appraiser are not tax deductible. (See IRS publication 561.)

*Under the old rules; the new rules may be different. 

Good Morning,

It's called a "Stake', it fits into a 'Stake Plate". There are many different shapes. They are VERY useful when you want to put 'detail' into something you are making. They are not useful for average 'Forging'. There is no wrong Tool, just sometimes there is a long time between uses.

Neil