I Forge Iron

Another Hammer

Ricky

On 12/29/2017 at 1:47 PM, MotoMike said:

This thread would be infinitely superior with hammer pics. 

and here are a few of mine. Had to recently put together another hammer rack as I was running out of room. The first couple pictures are mostly of ones I made, on the left side of the tool table are where they are kept. Then on the right side of the tool table is some tongs and top tools. oh, and my sledges. 

Littleblacksmith

IMG_0072[1].JPG

IMG_0071[1].JPG

IMG_0073[1].JPG

IMG_0074[1].JPG

IMG_0075[1].JPG

IMG_0076[1].JPG

shhhh...5-1/2lbs....Then there is a forged sledge that weights 8lbs...

2 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Geesh LBS, I can only imagine the warehouses of tools you'll have when your 80 years old. :P

wow, 80 years old, your setting the bar high! I cant imagine what it will be like, if im still gathering tools, by then there may be no more to gather...

Yes! I like them too. when I see them I pick them up. sometimes at the scrap yard, or you can get a can full of bolts or nails or what ever from a garage sale for under a dollar. I am on the hunt for some more 'cause they are now getting a little crammed.

Littleblacksmith

Lol Ben, I did that once. Wasn't worth the can. It's way more fun to sort through old " resource" cans from fleamarkets and auctions. 

Mark, I think there will still be old tools to gather lol. For the most part, we come and go, good old tools just find new owners. 

Okay Little, 

That’s just mean. “Oh woe is me! I’ve got three million awesome hammers and I just don’t know where I’m gonna put them all. I guess I’ll have to build a whole new shop to hold them all blah blah blah....” (lol)

I tend to find a metal stand of some sort and then run black pipe across it spaced as needed and flatten the pipe ends and drill and bolted them to the stand to make a hammer rack.  Back in Ohio it was a stand for a quite large aquarium,  out here I moved up to 1 from a stand made/used in a painting facility and another was for a blacksmith made inversion unit. It has some 1.5" sq hardware cloth on the top and holds my armouring tools.  Here at the casita the hammers like in buckets and milk crates for "on the road" use.