I Forge Iron

New TFS Anvil

Make sure she knows what a "nice anvil" is compared to an ASO!

Nothing is worse than a family member blowing the budget to buy junk and then being upset cause you are not in raptures. My wife and I have a pact that she doesn't buy stuff in my area of intrest for me and I don't buy stuff in her area of interest *without* getting it checked by the appropriate spouse *first*.

Make sure she knows what a "nice anvil" is compared to an ASO!

Nothing is worse than a family member blowing the budget to buy junk and then being upset cause you are not in raptures. My wife and I have a pact that she doesn't buy stuff in my area of intrest for me and I don't buy stuff in her area of interest *without* getting it checked by the appropriate spouse *first*.

That sounds like my deal also. :)

Originally Posted by ThomasPowers viewpost.gif

That sounds like my deal also. :)

Ours also, we both make detailed lists of what we would like to receive for gifts. Actually I've also managed to give some items not on her list that she has liked as well. I don't think an anvil from her is in the cards though!

I got an anvil (150kg Brooks), a vice and a bench shear for a birthday and Christmas combined when I was around 15 from my parents - all used of course, but in good condition. Dad took a trailer away on a work trip to bring them back from 5 hours south of home, when a farrier replied to an ad in the local paper for blacksmithing gear
. They were (and still are) very understanding of teenage boys with strange hobbies - I guess it kept me out of trouble and was cheap at the price! Still got them all (and they have some friends). Presents like that last a lifetime
Geoff