I Forge Iron

Hello From Alabama (Picture heavy)

Josh Foran

With soft coal I typicaly stick a 2x of cut in the bowl and cover it with grean coal. So for a largish fire it's a 2x4 cut square for a small ish one a 2x2 cut about 3 1/2" long. I use the 2x stock because it's easy to come by. I certainly am not aposed to other scrap wood but a lot of that gets used in my fire pit and cook fire. 

For charcoal you typicaly have to build a samall fire lay a ontop if the charcoal or add a bit of grean coal, as the fuel will all burn up over a lunch break. 

Las I am the cook as well as the smith, lunch may take more than a 1/2 hour...

Josh,

Post count not the churmudgian make...

Dealing with the idiot children of an insane god, that makes a churmudgian! 

Thommas,

Sleipnir? I have shod worse. Beter than trying to shoe the old old nick, I sepose.

Senor C. R. Stevens.

Please be advised that Lord Odin's horse, Sleipnir, Has eight legs. This may make it a more onerous job than you might have first estimated.

(double the work I reckon).

Please do not take my word about that. Consult the "Prose Edda" to confirm same.

With warm regards,

SLAG.    (l.l.c.)

Well played around a bit today and the Cullman chapter it'd the AFC is having their Christmas party tomorrow, so I decided to make another leaf to put in iron in the hat! 

24296574_10101208632198708_8236090891009

First one failed twice. When I tried to twist it, I twist it in two.  Then when I tried to draw out what was left,  the leaf fell off. So I have a nail, a messed up looking bolt extractor, and a tiny piece of elvish armor for a chipmunk. 

24176905_10101208650132768_5445502863420

Hi Josh, and welcome, from a fellow new IFI member. I'm champing at the bit to get started, but I don't think it's going to happen this year (the forklift tines I bought for an anvil don't look like they're going to be getting to me soon, and my work schedule the next few weeks is nuts - Xmas 'n all). Your first efforts look very impressive, and with the knowledge on offer here, are bound to become even more so soon.

Looking forward to seeing what you turn out.

• 2 weeks later...