I Forge Iron

Damascus earrings

DanL.

A pair of earrings I made from the cut off ends of my first damascus billet of 1080 and 15n20. They are about 2.25 inches long. Very happy with how they came about. Next time I will make them a bit smaller and thinner so they are lighter.

IMG_20171014_080941_298.jpg

I did a lot of grinding to get the thickness down and took a bit of the sides and bottom. She likes big dangling earrings, so wanted to keep them as big as I could. It's a learning process, so next time will try to forge them thinner to start.

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

Forge them 2x as long and 1/2 as thick make her a second pair half as heavy. They look great by the way.

Frosty The Lucky.

Twice as long and half as thick would be the same weight, Frosty. "Same length, half as thick" or "twice as long, twice as wide, half as thick" would be half the weight.

4 hours ago, JHCC said:

Twice as long and half as thick would be the same weight, Frosty. "Same length, half as thick" or "twice as long, twice as wide, half as thick" would be half the weight.

You missed the "make her a second pair"  part John. :rolleyes:

Frosty The Lucky.

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

You missed the "make her a second pair"  part John. :rolleyes:

Frosty The Lucky.

Oh, you're saying, "Take these earrings, forge them to twice their current length, cut them in half, and make two sets of earrings"? Sure, that would work.