I Forge Iron

Trenton serial number

Can someone tell me the date of my Trenton anvil?  It's serial number is A11076.  It has the diamond with Trenton in it but also has a Buel Patent mark with what looks like  "Wroght Iron Guaranteed USA" written around the  words Buel Patent.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Welcome aboard E, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised to discover hoe many of the Iforge gang live within visiting distance. We LOVE pictures and rarely believe you have a thing if you don't post a pic or two. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.

20 hours ago, Black Frog said:

Please post a close-up picture of the side logo stamps!

Let me give it a shot.  Making things is easy this computer crap is hard.  

IMG_0155.JPG

20 hours ago, Black Frog said:

Please post a close-up picture of the side logo stamps!

Let me give it a shot.  Making things is easy this computer crap is hard.  

IMG_0150.JPG

Ecmartin, hello and welcome to IFI. Semper Fi Bro always nice to see another Marine join the forum, there are several of us here.

That is a beautiful anvil and should serve you well (and your son for all of his life and your grandson for all of his life...)

• 4 years later...

I was trying to find the age of my Trenton anvil but am not very computer savvy and have had no luck so far. I’m wondering if someone could tell me where to look up the serial number A42076. There is also what looks to be a sideways D and a 102 on the left side of the base. Might this possibly be 102 lbs? It feels to be about that by lifting it. I’ll have to see if I can get my wife to help me post a picture. Thank you for any help! 

Also anvils in that range weigh very easily on a typical bathroom scale.

Hint: Do NOT tell wife "Gee this anvil weighs less than you do!"   If the urge is uncontrollable; give her my phone number to deal with the "estate items"...

One of the good reasons for wanting a LARGE anvil is to avoid such "mishaps"!