I Forge Iron

Giutar hanger

billyO

Hello, all.  Hope the autumn/spring finds you well.  I got a couple weekends at the forge the last couple of weeks, and besides my 4 Damascus blades, here's the other project.  The idea has been rattling around in my head for a while, finally had the motivation to try it. It's a gift for a friend who just bought her first house.  It started as a 4-5" length of 1 1/2" square bar.  Got lucky and it fit the intended guitar right out of the forge.

Comments/critiques are always welcome2016_09280005.JPG

I love seeing stuff like this! The work is excellent and i really like the detail you did on the hands and while it would be a shame to cover them up at all i do concur with Daswulfs comment regarding the addition of felt. I made a guitar stand for my step dad last year and had to add felt afterwards to make sure his guitar would be safe on it.

6 hours ago, John in Oly, WA said:

"... fit the intended guitar right out of the forge."

Hope you didn't scorch the neck!

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

You beat me to it! Great straight lines are meant to be pulled.

Beautiful piece of work, a little felt won't hurt a thing. Maybe on the next ones make it look like gloves?

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, all.  You are too kind. 

I had so much fun dong it that I'm planning on a couple variations for my brother...

I suggested the felt to the owner, but she declined.  I wouldn't be surprised if the next time I go there, I find that she uses something, my guess is a small piece of cloth.

I understand the fun of having a concept come together so well, you can feel it as you make it. Sort of like the feeling you get when you roll a strike and know it before the ball leaves your hand.  It's a feeling to live for.

Frosty The Lucky.

I don't understand at all how you forged those hands and made them look so life like! care to share?

Littleblacksmith