I Forge Iron

royal lily trivet

matei campan

Oh great!  Now when I make something like that for our local,  Southern Louisiana  USA, Fleur De 'Lise Franco file  folks  I can be accused of plagiarism.  :lol: 

Actually That is extremely well done and beautifully proportioned.  It has a grace that my own work seriously lacks.   You have a real gift.  Thank you for sharing.

Beautiful work!  The Fleur de Lis has very nice shape and proportion.  Your French friend should be very pleased to have it.

Just for curiosity, did you forge shape the two side curves or cut them out?  I'm going to try to make one like that.

Your work is always so nice. please tell me the welds underneath are arc welds so I can sleep a little easier....

yes, they are arc welded. unfortunately it had to have a surface as flat as possible, if not, I would use a collar to keep the "petals" together, or other nicer solution, but the functionality first

yes, they are arc welded. unfortunately it had to have a surface as flat as possible, if not, I would use a collar to keep the "petals" together, or other nicer solution, but the functionality first

just an idea but could it be welded then ground on the top then collared for a flush fit on the top? Nice work! 

thank you, I really like it as is. One needs to concern themselves with function. I am sure it will be enjoyed by the recipient.