I Forge Iron

Frosty's blacksmither interview

Frosty

A while ago Teenylittlemetalguy suggested to Victoria Patti she interview me for her Podcast oriented Blacksmither site. Well, okay Frosty says, sounds like fun. Sure I have to come up with something suitable to get even with Teenylittlemetalguy but I can be patient.

Glenn gave me the OK to link the podcast directly as there are commercials. My interview is Episode #44

So if you have some time to kill the link follows. . . No promises though!  :ph34r:

- http://www.blacksmither.com/?p=1659

Frosty The Lucky.

He has a definent southern califonia accent, lol. Wouln't notice it myself if I haddent been exposed to a few of the english dialects first hand. 

Honestly reminds me of Glenn's accent. 

Glenn's accent!? I don't even have a touch of charming southern drawl. You might want to start wearing hearing protection.

Frosty The Lucky.

Greetings Oh great Frosty one,

Great interview , I have not heard any better from a president or a likely candidate lately. Why if you were on the ticket you wold even give Mr. T a run for his vast money . A quick question. Is it true in a clear day you can see Russia from there ? 

My version of a scroll on the diamond. 

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

image.jpeg

Edited by Jim Coke

Okay, I'll give you the long winded skewed sense of humor similarity, it takes us at least an hour to ask a quick yes or no question. I'd spend a lot of time on the phone if I had unlimited minutes on my phone. There are a bunch of folk on IFI I'd love to talk to vocal cord to vocal cord. <sigh>

Nice scroll Jim, I love scrolls and on the diamond is as beautiful as it is difficult to do well.

Just because I'm brain damaged and have a blacksmith's attitude towards problems doesn't mean I'm messed up enough to do it! Good grief Jim, Pres, ME?

Nope can't see Russia from here we don't live on Little Diomede isle. I wouldn't know what you were talking about if Tina Fey and her Sat. Night Live skit wasn't reported on the Nat. News.

We'll probably have to bribe or cajole Teenylittlemetalguy for a pic of those scrolling tongs, they're hanging in his shop somewhere.

Frosty The Lucky.

See you are getting even with me already Frosty.. maybe the tongs don't look good enough to share... ha!

I will take a picture and post soon. they are not amazing. I had a pair of straight jaw homemade scrolling tongs and we just modified them to hold diagonal.  what I really need now is to build a 90 deg jaw set that do the same thing. 

Love the scroll Jim. I think Diagonal looks so dang good in general. seeing my results brought back excitement like I had making my first decorative bend. 

Jerry YOU DID GOOD !! just listen to the pod cast in the shop today the others / two auto techs here didn't care for it I Told them to Stuff It ! I own the box ! LOL :P the computer is in the back on my desk in my metal working area LOL !

can't wait to CK out the others pod cast folks that I have meet over the years &

THANK YOU didn't know this site was out there *** PS Thank Glen to !****

GOOD stuff a definite CK ! site !!

Steve

I got the email from Victoria last week that you were the next episode's interviewee so I was looking forward to the podcast. You are always one of the most helpful smiths on this site and I thank you for doing it. I enjoyed hearing you.

BTW, I also would love to spend time watching Thomas Powers at the forge. If only we lived in the same state!!...

Great interview Frosty.  Your description of the T burner was probably the most clear description of a naturally aspirated propane burner I've ever heard. Made perfect sense. You should transcribe that description verbatim when you blueprint the T burner.