I Forge Iron

door handles #3

unfortunately, usually I'm too lazy to make WIP pictures, sometimes that should be useful for me, too, because I forget the exact process and I have to rediscover how to optimize it again. 

the prototype was forged from 14/14 mm square bar, which was overkill for the serial work. and no welding. for the serie I laser cut some very raw blank out of 10mm sheet, essentially a circle and an angled tail, something like a musical note, and still quiet far from the final shape which involved a lot of forging. still no welding.

Wow, and wow again...

Now I have something to think about tonight. :) I love the laser cut raw material idea. (I've been thinking using laser cutting but this example will take some time to wrap my brain around it.)

Great work, Matei! 

I knew you were a terrific smith but this level of consistency in that many pieces is masterful. Do you teach classes? You should, people would be lining up for a class from you.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the customer sees these installed. They'll be show pieces where ever they go.

Frosty The Lucky.