I Forge Iron

Celtic Tanto 2

TheoRockNazz

Howdy,

Some of y'all may know I tend not to repeat designs, however I had the extra handle left over from my previous, nearly identical, tanto from a couple months ago, and I couldn't help myself. 

20150415_085614-01.thumb.jpeg.7929e7960f20150418_191234-01.thumb.jpeg.5fb48a0c5120150418_191627-01.thumb.jpeg.418d8f6fa520150415_085804-01.thumb.jpeg.c056e9eeef20150415_085706-01.thumb.jpeg.c02d3db944

It's a century-old file I reforged and heat treated with APG-36 clay and Parks 50. 12.25" OAL, 4" handle. Sheath is goat leather I got from the only tannery in Cyprus while on vacation there.

Comments and critique encouraged,
Theo

Haha, you know me

​Getting to. You introduced us to your girlfriend and grin in your pictures of Sicily, Greece(?) I think it was. You're an addictively likable guy.

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty

​Getting to. You introduced us to your girlfriend and grin in your pictures of Sicily, Greece(?) I think it was. You're an addictively likable guy.

Haha, thank you. And Cyprus :)... is there a smiley for grinning? 

Malice, the grip is 3D printed high density polymer. Although I could have printed in wax, molded, and cast the whole deal too... would have been super heavy but I can design it with a hollow interior to reduce weight... if I wanted to or there was a commission for it.

And thank you Benten, the goat leather was a joy to work with

Haha, thank you. And Cyprus ... is there a smiley for grinning? 

Malice, the grip is 3D printed high density polymer. Although I could have printed in wax, molded, and cast the whole deal too... would have been super heavy but I can design it with a hollow interior to reduce weight... if I wanted to or there was a commission for it.

And thank you Benten, the goat leather was a joy to work with

​I usually just say <grin> but this one :rolleyes: or this one ;) works for me too. Depends on why I'm grinning, sometimes there are the "Oh B-R-O-T-H-E-R!" grins like :blink: or :wacko:, I could use a better one but I don't really need to sift through the huge list we used to have available. I like the present selection better.

Frosty The Lucky.