I Forge Iron

Viking ship builders war axe

Beautiful work Chris, I must be using cheap files. My attempts look nothing like that......LOL  If memory serves. when in the ACT, I almost had to chew the VB to get it down. Finally settled on Tooies (sp?) of some color.....great time, great people. Thanks for sharing......Dave    

Beautiful work Chris, I must be using cheap files. My attempts look nothing like that......LOL  If memory serves. when in the ACT, I almost had to chew the VB to get it down. Finally settled on Tooies (sp?) of some color.....great time, great people. Thanks for sharing......Dave    

​Hi Dave Thank you my pleasure   ,Glad you had a great time over here even after that stuff lol

Chris

You guys keep showing me such beautiful blades are drawing me towards the dark side! Arghhhhhhh.

I don't know what to say other than gorgeous blade though I don't understand the utility of the hook above the blade or is it for hanging it on the wall?

Frosty The Lucky.

You guys keep showing me such beautiful blades are drawing me towards the dark side! Arghhhhhhh.

I don't know what to say other than gorgeous blade though I don't understand the utility of the hook above the blade or is it for hanging it on the wall?

Frosty The Lucky.

​Hi Frosty just based on the dragon long boat theme , bieng a ship builders war axe  sorry if you dont understand that.theme

thanks

Chris

Okay, I get it! Dragon ship bow and stern pieces. I was trying to picture how you'd use it with the ornamentation. I was having real trouble balancing the quality of your work with something so seemingly impractical. Sticking to the theme I get.

Thanks for helping me part the fog.

Frosty The Lucky.

well I'd phrase it a viking ship builders fantasy war ax; Very nicely executed!

In general it's hard to tell a regular "felling ax" from a "fighting axe" save that the fighting ones tend to be a bit lighter that the felling axes.-----Until you get to the Danish axes with the 6 foot handles or the ornately inlaid with silver axes that are a "fighting/display only axe"

In early medieval times the most common weapons were the axe and the spear as the axe was to hand as a household object and the spear takes little metal to make. They also take less training to use by massed levies.  Swords and armour were owned and used by people higher in the social strata that could, say, afford a high end sports car and time to train with it.

well I'd phrase it a viking ship builders fantasy war ax; Very nicely executed!

In general it's hard to tell a regular "felling ax" from a "fighting axe" save that the fighting ones tend to be a bit lighter that the felling axes.-----Until you get to the Danish axes with the 6 foot handles or the ornately inlaid with silver axes that are a "fighting/display only axe"

In early medieval times the most common weapons were the axe and the spear as the axe was to hand as a household object and the spear takes little metal to make. They also take less training to use by massed levies.  Swords and armour were owned and used by people higher in the social strata that could, say, afford a high end sports car and time to train with it.

​Hi Thomas  just a second  life for a old worn out file mate ,thank you for your input and  happy you like what i did

appreciate .

Chris

• 1 month later...