I Forge Iron

CNN Tonight, Dragon Forge?

SpankySmith

I saw something some weeks back that Dragon Forge is going to be on a CNN Mike Rowe show and I THINK it's tonight, but I can't seem to find any listing that confirms that.  Does anyone know for sure?  My local listings only show that the program is coming on tonight, not the content.    Anyone here from DF ? 

Good morning all -Spank Woman this was posted on the Rocky Mountain Smiths Form on 15Apr2015  -grant

"Well...let Mr.Hill check out the link with the min preview of the show.  Tomorrow is the big day 7pm mountain time on CNN.  CNN will also host the episode for at least a week if you don't have the channel or happen to miss it."

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/04/13/mike-rowe-blacksmith.cnn

This is Craig and Rory's site http://www.dragonforgeltd.com/

Edited by Grant

Thanks for the heads up, it's on at 5:00pm here about 37 minutes from now. Just in time, WHEW!

It was probably said by almost every smith teaching someone who got too worked up every time they screwed something up or got told to pack the ashes up the hill to the next town to sweeten the compost pile at the pig farm. Then again, it IS Mike so . . . I'll just watch and find out.

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm thinking two hour long episodes would've been more satisfying. 20 mins is enough for watching river cleanup but I loved the ice carvers. There're two people who truly LOVE what they do and do it so well. A whole hour at the Dragon Forge wouldn't be enough either but would've been WAY better.

Unfortunately the show is entertainment and not educational so we with specialized interest are once again stuck with a glimpse. What made me happy was to hear most of the "what's actually going on" narration by a blacksmith rather than a talking head.

Happily being blacksmiths ourselves we're able to interpret what we see and pick up tricks the lay viewer would just be bored with if explained. So while I would've loved to see the production crew and Mike tape an entire beginner's course I'll take what I got. Not going to cry about it either. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.