I Forge Iron

What is, this is?

Looks like a locking pin or a hinge pin, the rust is from years of wet dirt trapped around the ends. something like a fixed drawbar will have a pin like this driven up from underneath and fixed in place with a plate. There is not much wear on the lubricated surface so the joint hasn't moved much in its lifetime.. Is the thread supposed to be there or is it a stud that has rusted in and the head has sheared off trying to undo it?

If it was out of the arms on a loader bucket or a rear mounted tine ripper there would be a lot of metal missing around that shiny central band where the arm rotates.

Looks like a lock pin to me, very similar in looks to the ones that hold excavator buckets on. A hydraulic ram attaches to the threaded pin and presses it into or out of the bucket attachment point,

Of course that's just what I think, I could be wrong.

Frosty The Lucky.

Some sort of locking pin I think. You can see where it has been captivated and the small section thats been weathered. If I am right its gotta be of a quality grade steel.
I could be wrong, sometimes its easy to be wrong just ask my wife!

Well I looked at this thing again last night. I think it is case hardened. the shiny part is about 3000sths thick. that part is hard as hell. The end that is chewed and the core is exposed I think is pretty high carbon steel. I put the grinder on the core and sparks flew. I was going to use this as a horn but now I'm not sure.