I Forge Iron

Quad State!!!!!!

I will be there set up working for Yesteryear Forge selling everything from hammer handles to forges to Mike's precision machined hook jig. Please stop by if you see the "Blacksmith Guild of Virginia" banner. I will have a forge lit and will show you how awesome this jig really is!

Hope to meet some of ya'll up there!!!

...Who all is going to Quad State? I am curious...

Peyton

This past saturday, while at the local affiliate group meeting I was told by an accomplished smith who has attended this one and will be again this year that it is THE PLACE to be if you are looking to paruse some fine tailgaiting on a large scale, not to be missed and definetly worth traveling for.
Also, with the demise of the national abana confrences due to cost of production, this gentleman suggested that the powers that be should take a look at how things are done at quad state as an example of a proven model.
Just my 2 cents. Dan:)

Actually having been a member of SOFA I've been impressed how the club as a whole ran the ten plus years I was there. So much so that when I was elected president of a LH organization I tried to pattern my administration of how SOFA did theirs---that the role of the president and administration is to *serve* the wants and needs of the members not to be an ego boost or big fish small pond dictator. They should be enablers not roadblocks.

Nice folks too.

Peyton,

I'm going up tonight and will be there all day tomorrow. I hope to see you and and Mike there. Also, I saw references to P-Tree. I met him a couple of years ago at Possum's hammer-in in Indiana. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Does anyone know if Billy Merritt will be up there?

If you all see me, introduce yourselves. I'll be the good-looking guy wearing the red Boston Red Sox cap. :D I drive a lifted blue Jeep with Yukon Cornelius hanging from the mirror.

Save me an anvil and some tools. I'm bringing my checkbook!

Woo! Just rolled home from Quad State. I think I need to find a bucket before all this new knowledge runs out of my head. I think I learned almost as much from the folks selling stuff as I did from the demonstrators. I bought a small gas forge while I was there, I think it got taken apart 3 times before I got it back to my car from guys wanting to know how it went together(the burner was put together weird). The Angel family was amazing I still don't know how they can go like that for 9+ hours a day(my arm would fall off:0).

As usual I had a blast at Quad-state this year
Primtechsmith did and outstanding job demonstrating a bending jig that I make.
His selling skills kept me well funded for what I really go to Quad-state for.( BUYING )
and of course meeting old friends and making new ones.
If you have never been you should make plans for next year ( its the best event for blacksmithing out there )
Now its time to unload the truck / and the trailer / and begin to save up for next years shopping.
only 361 days untill next years Quad-state

Mike

as usual QS was a blast. Bought a new gasser from the really nice folks at Chile Forge. Had a great time hanging out in the campground with the folks from the forgemagic site, great chow. Met a lot of new folks & checked in with the old ones. Cant wait until next year.

I dont know why we dont all recognize each other. I mean there couldnt have been over 600 fat guys with gray hair, jeans and suspenders walking around. Should have been easy. :-)

Wow.
Quad State was a great experience....BIG thank you to "Honest Bob". He went above and beyond to help me with my 1 hour demo up there. This man deserved a medal for his efforts.

Also had a great time meeting new people and catching up with others from last year...

will post a few photos very soon...

Thanks to SOFA for such a great event, and to Mike for letting me tag along with him for the weekend. It was a blast!

Peyton