I Forge Iron

Gothic fixture

Dillon Sculpture

Thanks all, 

The holes were punched under my iron worker, filed and then I hammered the edges. Here is a process shot showing some of the elements. 3/4" angle smashed to 60 degrees, the half oval was plug welded then the panels were riveted. The top hat was also pined to the very top, as well the sides of the hat were riveted. The glass is held in by small copper tabs that were also riveted. Very tedious work for my big hands, just to focus my eyes on these small parts was a challenge :wacko:

post-2769-0-81203900-1382541859_thumb.jp

I can't seem to locate that rascal and I'm actually busy for a change, but........All it was, was two pieces paralell  about 4'' long say 3/4x1'' bar with groove between them so the corner didn't jamb/interfere with spreading the flanges and of course the V groove was 22.5* with a top counterpart (fuller) at same. I fabbed the bottom swage with spacers in between the V groove void and the bottom base plate and the top tool bevel was cut in the saw..........If I ever make another I would forge the V into a block and then the top into bottom, after which I would cut the relief groove into the bottom piece with a cutoff wheel in a grinder. The hardest part would be to make a tool steel piece at 22.5* to strike into the bottom fuller or........make the top first to form the bottom but a beefy PH or press is needed for that which you two seem to have a handle on............. B) .........Those without can do plan A