I Forge Iron

First professional job!!

So I have finally received my first professional blacksmithing gig. The company I work for decided to subcontract a job to me. They wanted me to make a security door, but it's not a usable security door it's just cosmetic, it's going in a store front in a airport. Well enough of the jibber jabber. Here are some pics, any and all critiques are welcome, but remember this is not my design. I just followed their prints.

post-8128-0-63223800-1371181801_thumb.jp

post-8128-0-23944500-1371181833_thumb.jp

post-8128-0-87717800-1371181858_thumb.jp

post-8128-0-26091900-1371181942_thumb.jp

Hello looks good with one sugestion since you asked for it. Last picture the scrolls on the left look squished on the end to make them fit in the box. If  you were just to tighten them or expanded the c scrolls or both I think they could have fit, and flowed better. Of course it might be the camra that makes it look that way and not the job. Over all looks good hopefully all customers are happy. Mark

Good looking first commission, well done. the customer is always right, almost. I make few exceptions to giving the customer just what they want. I will NOT compromise on safety but I've never met a customer who didn't agree if I pointed out a safety issue.

Congratulations, you'll have em lining up in no time. It's HARD to get better exposure than an airport. Too COOL.

Frosty The Lucky.