I Forge Iron

Moore Ok. tornado

Frosty

Prayers going out for all the folk and families effected by tornadoes. Today's victims aren't the first this season and I'm afraid not the last. All can use our prayers. Mine are on the way.

Frosty The Lucky.

Yeah, that's bad. I had kin in the area but they moved before that first big storm in '99 so no worry about them. I had friends in Joplin, MO but they were just outside the path of that one. I lived in OKC for awhile and was glad to get back to somewhat sane weather of AZ. Those poor children, my prayers are with the families, may they find peace, jerry

I live in OK, have some friends that suffered heavy property damage. Thanks for you thaughts and prayers.
Sad truth is that most of the big storms fallow a similar track and Moore is where they end up. Ad to the fact that they are getting bigger, after the may third tornado, the "F" scale was "enhanced" a nice way of saying that they increased the power of the tornadoes for F1-4 and added F5. Code requires survivability for F3 storms, but in the case of a F5 your talking about the power of a small nuke, that hangs around and moves. Welcome to global warming.
Bent iron, with the heat and lack of moisture the last few years I actually considers moving back to the Vally. Lower temps and more rain.

Hello, friends at IFI.  I know I kind of joined under the radar, but my name is Dennis, and I live here in Moore, OK.  As the tornado was forming Monday, we had friends that live down the street, and they did not have a shelter, we had just had one installed in January, and you never know the path it's going to take.  Our friends just had a 2 month old baby, and a 16 year old girl, so we told them to get over to our house. they drove through the hail and rain, and no sooner than they arrived, we got into the cellar, and we could hear it passing.  After, we climbed out and try to get a feeling were it passed, We had lost power, but sounded like it passed south of us.  Sure enough, as us men folk fought to get to there house, it was no longer a house.  I know you all have seen pictures, but it's hard to judge until you see it in person, and it's somebody you know.  Here is what their house looks like now:

post-40298-0-67300500-1369342624_thumb.j

Although they lost everything but literally the cloths on their back, they are alive. I could not imagine sitting at a school waiting to see your child, and they have to break the news to you.  Anyway, we all know the human spirit is one that we all run to help people in need, whether here or Texas, Joplin, New Jersey, or around the world, we help each other.

I will certainly pass on the prayers from all the good folks here at IFI, and no doubt, healing and rebuilding is already happening.

Thanks for listening to my long winded story.

Regards to all.

Dennis: You already have my prayers as do all in harm's way. I think we got some reply when the count of fatalities steadily dropped rather than climb.

Stories of the aftermath have raised my spirits and have choked me up with pride. As soon as folk in Moore were able to they dug them selves out of the wreckage and ran, not walked, RAN to the schools. You opened your shelter to neighbors in need, I expect nothing less from folk, especially not here. I'm so glad you and yours are alright.

Bless you all.

Frosty The Lucky.

I worked for Oklahoma DPS after getting out of the Army, and one of the first things I worked was the Murrah bombing, then the tornado's in May 3, 1999, and the ones in 2003.  Each time you look and wonder how can we recover, but the human spirit surprise's every time.  Sure there are some parasites that try to take advantage and try to go through what's left of peoples houses and belongings, but the local LE and OHP along with the Nat. Guard are doing a fine job keeping security.

Anyway, I will again be sure to pass on all the prayers from all here!

Charles, if you ever get up this direction, look me up and we can get a cup of coffee!